My Birth Story :(

cocokittyi

Reaction score
Im gonna start by saying that sometimes a birth plan is a waste of time. I got nothing I put on mine.

My contractions started at 4am on friday morning and were not very regular. I did not do much about them but around 1pm I phoned up labour ward and asked for some advice. Was told to stay home and phone back when either my waters break or contractions get more regular/stronger.
So that I did, I waited and waited and waited, until 11pm and they were getting really strong then. I phoned the labour ward back up and told them, was advised to take a bath and then to go in.
I was running the bath and went to the toilet before I got in and and my waters broke while on it, I looked at it and it was green, so I knew it was not pee.

I then got into the bath and had a wash and more of my water came out while in there, again it was green, so I got out of the bath and phoned up the labour ward again to tell them I was on my way in, right then.
While getting my last bits together for my bag i sat down to put my shoes on and my waters went again (didnt realise there was so much) my trousers were soaked completely.
I changed and then went on my way to the labour ward. I got there and was asked to wait in the waiting room til they got a room sorted and a midwife was free. Waited about 5 mins and while waiting again my waters went and again soaked my trousers.

Was then taken to a room were she asked me what's been happening how often/how long etc. The Midwife then felt around my belly and asked me what time my waters broke and i told her around 11pm. She then said that she could still feel my waters in there and asked if it was ok to do an exam and i said ok. She did the exam and said i was 5cm dilated and that my waters were in fact still there.
She then asked my what colour my waters were and i said they were green and then was told that it was just my hind-waters.
She then took me into a room were i would deliver my baby, and at around 12am she broke my waters for me. And thats when the contractions got really strong. i was given gas and air and was left to dilate more and she would check me in a few hours. Around 3am she come back and checked me and i had gone up to 7cm dilated. And was left for another 2hours.

At 5am i was checked again and was told i was still 7cm dilated and was asked if i wanted to carry on as i was or to have an induction via cannula. I asked to be left alone for 5mins to think about it. I was tired and got a little fed up so i had the cannula. And while she put the elastic on my arm and looking for a vein, i started to get a contraction. So she did it quick coz my arm was going a funny colour. And she missed the first one and did it again with my mum's help. By then i was sucking on the gas and air for 10mins and was so spaced out at that point i wasnt sure what was going on.
I cant remember much after that until about 7am, when i had the urge to push on some of the contractions, but was told not to. Midwives were having to change over. At this point my partner is getting a little stressed coz i was in a lot of pain and i wanted to push, but wasnt allowed and that the midwives were standing around a little too much just talking.

At around 8am i was told i was fully dilated and i could start pushing on the next contractions. This i did (well tried) I was just too exhausted, tired and fed up. The midwife then called the doctor in and said he was going to help me deliver my baby. So he used the Vacuum Extration and was told after a few contractions and pushing that he needed to do an episiotomy (which i can only remember replying to him "ok be quick get it over with") After that the first contraction i got my baby's head out and on the second i got the rest out. He was put on my belly for the core to be cut and then taken away from me to be checked over due to the green fluid i had.

After i got stitched up and my baby was cleaned and fine my partner put my baby on my chest for me as i was too weak in the arms to hold him.

So in all this was not the labour i planned and it was a unplesant experience. But have forgotten all about it now and enjoying my perfect baby boy.

Adam was born on the 26th June at 8:25am (7lb 4oz) with a labour lasting a long and uncomfortable 28hours.

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x319/greenimrod/DSCF1777.jpg

*hugs*
i'm sorry your labour wasn't how you wanted it :(
adam's gorgeous though, you should be so proud of yourself!
xx

both of my birth plans were lost as soon as i got to hospital... im sorry things didnt go to plan.... but look at the beautiful boy you got at the end of it... hes perfect x

congrats x

so sorry your labour didn't go according to plan but he is so beautiful congratulations x

Awwww he looks so beautiful - congratulations xx :flower:

congrats on your baby boy, sorry you didnt get the birth you wanted x

Congratulations! your little Adam is just gorgeous. enjoy your baby. :)

Sorry you had a rough time! But congrats on your beautiful baby boy! :blue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->