my birth story!!!!

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
so monday night went to bed fed up and extremely big and uncomfortable, so df says to me come turn over lets get this baby moving so we ..........so settled down to go to sleep was dozing at the time and all of a sudden felt wet warm water start to come out of me and instantly got up shouting 'theyve gone theyve gone' mean while df had just waliked back into the room from the loo and said its ok dont panic while i wobbled off as quickly as poss to the loo his first reaction was to shout 'yes'........so sitting on the loo for a good 20 mins (waters went at 1am) while df is having a shower and calling his mum who jumped in a cab straight away.......rang the hospital had a quick wash down and went to the hospital, got there at 2.30am the labour ward was packed so had to sit in the waiting room. contractions started on their own and were coming every 5mins. still waiting in the waiting room for a room and by this time its 5am and im starting to get annoyed as they no that i need antibiotics as i have GBS and im meant to have it pretty much straight away if my waters go, finally they call me down to a room which isnt a labour room its a recovery room and set in action getting my antibiotics. after 4 attemps in getting the canyala in they finally do and i get my antibiotics. then they move me to a labour room. by this time it is 6am and still having contractions but bearable. then a doc comes in and says as i had such a large gap between my waters breaking and the antibiotics that he wanted me to go on the hormone drip to speed my labour up. so went on the drip and was put on the monitor. contractions become extremely painful and pretty much back to back and went way above my pain threshold. mw examined me again and i had gone from 2cm to 4cm and it was 10.30am by this time so i asked for the epi as i was in unbearlievable pain 30mins later i get the urge to push so was too late for the epi and i had dilated the 6cm in the space of 30mins and was able to push him out in half an hour and he was born at 11'43am followed 20mins later by my placenta which was also huge and when the baby came out the mw said how huge he was lol i didnt rip or tear or need any stitches. but i did have very bad after pain so df looked after him while i recovered. our mw was brillant!!!!!!!
spent a couple of hours sorting myself out a resting then had a bath and then was wheeled down to my very own private room. then df went off home to get collect the girls and his mum. it was the quickest labour i have had and was only in pain for around 4 hours. and he is so worth it!!!!! df is totally over the moon and still cant believe it. noname yet but its nearly decided on.
View attachment 99528

View attachment 99529

View attachment 99530

View attachment 99531

View attachment 99532

Congratulations on the new addition to your family

awww you had your baby! HUGE congrats hun! I used to be ramblinghaggis on here but have forgotton my log in :O Hope you and Jamie are doing well! xxx

aww, he's gorgeous! well done you :D

and the baby was 9lbs?! Congrats.

congratulations hun, he is adorable xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back