my birth story :)

ohmybabybump.

mommy to nalani <3
Reaction score
So my water broke Sunday morning when I woke up so I called the doctor and they had me come in. Sure enough my water had broken but it had already been almost 2 hrs and I was having no contractions. They got me all checked in and set up and allowed me to walk around for an hour or so to try and get things started. This did nothing for me. I was still 1cm and no pains or contractions were on the montior so they started me on pitocin. Soon I started to get contractions and they were terrible. I labored to 4cm, which was about 10:30pm July 25th and I got my epidural at 11ish. I was so out of it that I don't really remember. I labored for the rest of the night and ended up being ready to push at about 6:00 am on July 26, 2010. As soon as they stopped my pitocin drip, my contractions stopped. So she started the pitocin back up, but we both knew something wasn't right. I got a couple of pushes in and found out that my baby was transverse. The doctor attempted to turn her but it was not working. My pelvis was too small and narrow and the baby was stuck. So I got prepped for the C-Section as that was the only way the doctor felt she would come. I was okay with this because I was dead tired from my horrible labor and was just ready to get it over with. Having all those drugs in me was terrible, I had severe shakes that made it hard to focus and ended up puking for about 5 minutes before my C-Section. Finally, they started, I'm guessing at about late 7 early 8. My baby girl was born at 8:19am on July 26, 2010 and even though it was a horrible labor for me, and totally not what I was expecting I am so proud to be her mom and I love her so much and I'd do it again any day.

Unfortunately either during labor or while pregnant by baby got a skull fracture. This hospital doesn't have a NICU that can care for her so they sent her off to another hospital an hour after I was out of recovery. :( I was extremely sad and have been sad every since. I did get her to latch on and she was absolutely perfect. She's already lifting her head and smiling. And she has the most beautiful blue/green eyes I have ever seen and the cutest little cry. I miss her so much and I hope she will be back in my arms soon.

So there's my birth story, definitely not very pleasant but none the less amazing. Please keep my daughter in your thoughts. I find out today if everything is A OK, which I really think is because she's so incredibly smart and advanced already. I am currently still in the hospital recovering, and they're thinking about letting me go a little earlier so I can be with my baby.

Here's some pictures of my little angel. Her name is Nalani Amara Quiroz

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 47
She is absolutely gorgeous - I hope you are back together again really soon :flower:

I hope she gets better soon :hugs: congratulations.

So sorry your labour wasn't more pleasant for you but one thing is for sure, the end result is an absolutely gorgeous baby girl.

She totally has your chin by the way!.

Keep us all updated and let me know when you get your baby girl back :) .

Congrats! She is beautiful. Hopefully you get to have her back soon!

congradulations on such a beautiful lil girl and well done on being so brave !! ur a real we star, hope evrything is ok with ur baby girl and u and her get to go home and start ur life together :) xxx

she's very sweet. Such a shame that he's so small and suffering a fracture :( well done and congratulations and I hope she gets better soon xxxxx

Thank you for sharing your story. Big :hug:, keep us updated on how your doing. And your precouis little one.

Hope you little one heals fast. Hope your feeling better too.

She is apsolutly beautiful, well done you. I hope all is well and i will keep you and your little on in my prayers xxx

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! I am sorry to read what you are going through :( I hope your little girl will be in your arms real soon! Keep us updated.

congrats!! so sorry to hear about your daughter! she will be in our prayers!

Congratulations, i hope everything is okay with her, she is gorgeouse

my god what a journey, she is so extremely beautiful! Good luck with results x

Congratulations on the birth of you little one, hope all is well and that you will be back together soon x

May God continue to be with you both. :hug:

Congratulations she is beautiful. I hope she is ok x

She's so beautiful, congratulations on your little princess. I hope you are with her soon!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->