My birth story

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
Kelana Marie August 16, 2010 8lbs 12oz 38+3 weeks gestation

(pronounced Key-lawn-ah)

I went in for my section and it was very organized and much easier than my last two emergency sections. Everything was going on time. I was given my room, and IV and we waited in our room. Then I walked to the operating room. My nerves were pretty high at this point, but I tried to be calm.

The spinal was very stressful. I actually wussed out and asked for a general right as he was about to start, but the anesthesiologist said NO to me, and said that anxiety wasn't a good excuse. I hated him at that moment, but knew he was right and what he was saying was for the best. The spinal WORKED!!! It really wasn't bad at all. The freezing was the worst of it, with a pinch and then pressure in the back that felt weird more than painful. I had a bit of a panic when the freezing went up to my chest and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was really freaking out and the anesthesiologist tried to put O2 on me, but I was freaking out so much that I pushed it away. He had to give me something to calm me in my IV and then I was better. That was kind of embarassing, but I couldn't help it. I cried and cried after that, out of RELIEF (for the spinal working) and because our baby, that I have waited so long for, was about to be born.

Hubby came in when they were about to start and I was all prepped, and he was so happy the spinal worked too! He held my hand and the OB said he had already started. A couple minutes in and I heard a cry. I heard my OB say she was a girl and that she was a good size. They took her over to the little warming bed right beside us and I could see her as they checked her over and weighed her etc. She was 8lbs 12oz! My guess that morning was 8lbs 8oz, and hubby's was 8lbs 10oz, so we were both pretty close with our guesses. Then they gave her to me to hold while they stitched me up. The stitching up was fine and I never felt a thing the entire time. I was so occupied with my baby that it was really no big deal.

She is so beautiful and I couldn't believe she was here, finally. Hubby also held her and we both took pics of each other. Then I was done, and I was wheeled back into our room, with baby and hubby for recovery. Then kept baby in just a diaper and let me lay skin to skin with her for this time. They also helped me put baby to breast, which was weird because I couldn't feel the whole thing, but I loved every second of it and so did Kelana.:cloud9:

After about an hour after recovery, the spinal was pretty much wearing out, and I was in alot of pain. When I say alot of pain, let's just say that the nurses compared it to transistion in labour. They figure it was a combination of my age, my thin uterus, and the large amounts of pitocin they had to use to prevent hemmorage (which I had with my first baby). I was literally screaming out in pain and they kept pushing drugs into my IV. My kids arrived around this time, so were not allowed in, but baby went out to see them. It was horrible, but lucky for me, I have blocked most of this out, whether out of pain, or drugs or a combo.

Other than that, this has been the best birth for me. I do have an infection right now (in my skin above the incision). I am on antibiotics. Kelana is WONDERFUL. She loves to breastfeed, and is really good at it. I haven't had an issue with sore nipples at all.

She did drop alot of weight, more than they like to see. She dropped almost a pound and was 7lbs 14oz when we left the hospital on Thursday. We went to the health unit on Friday though and she was 8lbs 2oz, so she is already gaining.

Kelana is the sweetest baby and I love her so much and already I cannot imagine ever living without her. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

congratulations, she's gorgeous! your ordeal after the c-section sounds horrendous, I'm glad things have gone so well since though. Hope your infection clears up :hug:

congrats on little Kelana! Glad to hear everything is going well, and hope your infection is gone soon. Well done!

Congrats hun! I'm glad that you finally have her in your arms after everything that you have been through! She's beautiful!

My c-section hasn't been that great either since the drugs wore off. I don't have an infection, but I do have internal damage which hurts when I sit, stand up or lie down so I can relate.

so many congrats! im sorry to hear that you ended up with so much pain. in return thoug, you have a beautiful baby girl! really, shes absolutely adorable! happy parenting! :)

Thanks for sharing, congratulations she really is absolutely gorgeous xxx

Congratulations hunny, so pleased to see her :) I hope you recover quickly x

Congratulations and what a gorgeous name never heard it before but i LOVE it.

A big congratulations again sweetheart, I'm glad you look back on the birth with fond memories. I'm sorry about what happened after the c-section...Glad everything worked out though. She's beautiful xoxoxo

Congratulations honey. Glad bubba's doing well and hope your infection clears up soon xxxxx

Congrats! So glad she arrived safe and sound, well done!

Congrats Jasmak!! So happy for you!!! She's stunning!! (and big for an early babe too!!)
XX

Congratulations, good to hear a c sec birth story, I had no idea what happened from a delivery perspective, wishing you a speed recovery, and what a beautiful name you have chosen :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->