My blue bump turned.....PINK!!

Moom7900

Reaction score
At 16 weeks we were told we were having a little boy.....well, at the anatomy scan yesterday they told us baby was a GIRL! Which we had confirmed with another private gender scan today! No wily in sight and a clear view of her girly bits.
So, we are now looking forward to welcoming: Cassia Aurora :pink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 36
Oh wow. Congratulations!

This is why I was so nervous after my gender scan at 16 weeks. I've had two medical ultrasounds since then, and I make them double check each time. (Still a girl, thankfully. lol) I'm having another I'm a couple weeks, and I'm sure I'll ask again... even though she told me she was 100% sure at the last one.

I bet that was quite a shock for you! Had you purchased anything boyish yet? Is everyone taking it okay? I would love my baby either way, obviously, but I know my youngest would be heartbroken of her baby sister suddenly turned into a baby brother. LOL

OMG!! I keep thinking this is going to happen to me! Did you see a winky? OMG I have so much blue stuff too now.

Congratulations! x

Isme: we are all perfectly fine, it was a bit of a mind-bender but nobody is unhappy. We had ordered the pram but not paid for it yet so we can just change the order, and we had kept receipts for the clothes we bought so we have swapped them.
Jennifurball: the lady showed us what she said was a winky at the 16 week scan, and said she was sure, but looking at others boy potty shots it wasn't really obvious. We have had two thorough scans in the last 2 days who checked and checked and she's definitely a girl. They showed us the labia and looked from every angle and there was no winky hiding xxxxxxx

Wow! My sonographer was confident too, but now I am doubting it lol.

Have you got your 'boy' potty shot? x

Wow! My sonographer was confident too, but now I am doubting it lol.

Have you got your 'boy' potty shot? x

Me too! Trying to reassure myself that we saw his willy and the sonographer had no doubt but I've bought lots of blue things now!

Jennifurball and Fruitmash, she showed me the supposed 'winky' but the pictures she got of the potty shot were rubbish. There was a protuberance there, but I did expect it to look more willy-shaped. I'd say to not worry about yours being wrong, most are correct, especially when they see boy parts. I thought the lady who did ours would be OK, we got the scan half price as she was training in the use of 4D, BUT they said she was a very experienced sonographer. The place I went to today was far better though, and she checked and checked again and kept pointing out the girly parts xxxxxx

Oh my goodness I'm so scared of this happening with my pink bump! I was convinced it was another boy from the very beginning and was shocked at my anatomy scan when technician told us girl. I'm dying to book a 3D ultrasound to get the confirmed potty shot picture!!! Does this happen often?!?

Sippy - I don't think it's too common, and my first scan was at 16 weeks. The anatomy scan and second gender scan were both at 19 weeks and much clearer. I have no doubt now she's a girl as they showed me over and over again and from many angles. I wouldn't worry about your pink bump changing as they're usually correct xxxxxx

Oh wow, congratulations xxx hee hee little madam tricking everyone haaa!

I was so tempted to book another private scan haha, but I am going to wait for my 20 week scan, even tho I will be 21 weeks and it's miles away lol.

I suppose it isn't that common for it to be wrong, you just hear of it more don't you, than the ones that are right, cos people just get on with their business without posting back to the original thread. Think of the millions that are performed every year lol. I definitely saw a winky pop up though lol, plus he had his hand over it for ages, typical bloke pose. :haha:

Glad you managed to get everything changed easily tho moom7900 :)

I was so tempted to book another private scan haha, but I am going to wait for my 20 week scan, even tho I will be 21 weeks and it's miles away lol.

I suppose it isn't that common for it to be wrong, you just hear of it more don't you, than the ones that are right, cos people just get on with their business without posting back to the original thread. Think of the millions that are performed every year lol. I definitely saw a winky pop up though lol, plus he had his hand over it for ages, typical bloke pose. :haha:

Glad you managed to get everything changed easily tho moom7900 :)

Yes, I think it's not that common really, and apparently the place I had my 16 week scan has a bit of a reputation for getting it wrong. I thought they were good in my previous pg and they got the gender right for my daughter, but different people are working there now and they seem all about the money rather than customer service. When I went in for that scan the woman simply had my name down as 'Steven' - which has nothing to do with either my first or last name whatsoever lol. And I have managed to swap most things for pretty girly versions, just have to sell a couple of things on - BUT the biggest bonus today is that when we went to change the order for the pram, the one we wanted is not only £25 cheaper, but the matching car seat comes free with it on offer, saving another £125! And we love it, it's the Cosatto Wish in Kokeshi Smile, not sure if the fabric is lilac or grey when it comes but I love both so it doesn't matter xxxxximage.jpg

I had the Sola with my youngest, I found it fine and used it a LOT. She seemed comfy enough in it too. I like the look of the Silver Cross ones, I think they are the SURF ones. I like the shape of them and always think they look really nice when I see other people with them. I've seen a lot of people with expensive ones like iCandy, but I always think that after a while the metal on the frame seems to look really scuffed and it spoils the look of them.
My niece had a lovely Cosatto one, I think it was Cosatto Ooba, hers was pink and the cover and good were leather or leather effect and it looked great, I think they also have a boy version in turquoise/teal.
I used to like Quinny, but mine had inflatable tyres and I do not get along well with them ha xxxxxx

Omg how crazy!! Glad you and your DH are so calm and flexible! Congrats!!

Thanks BSelck, we had to be really. It was a bit of a brain-scrambler, but at least we'd only known the wrong gender for 3 weeks. I wouldn't have found it as easy if we hadn't been able to get another gender scan the following day - the limbo was the worst bit, going back to saying 'baby'.
At least I get to do more baby shopping now :haha: xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"