My Breasts could kill me!

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
i love dawn porters documentries so thought id watch this tonight and its scary how high certain peoples chances are fo getting cancer!

My mum had cervial cancer and has survived but im worried i could also get this and the docs wont do smears till im 25 im now only 21!

Also my oh has had cancer and few of his family memebers have had cancer too, its terrifying that my baby has a higher risk of getting it just cuz i chose to have a baby with his dad before really thinking about how our genes would mix.

Anyone else watching this?

Dawn Porter is great!

Breast cancer is very common in my family unfortunately. I'm very aware of it and check often as I'm paranoid.

What channel is it on?

i have to say i dont check my breasts as im not sure how, ive seen 2 different ways n i guess im scared of what i could find.

my oh has recently found a lump, we are waiting for blood results so i guess this isnt the best pregramm for me to watch

Hope all goes ok with your OH.

I'm just watching repeats on sky, I didn't want to watch it part way through last time.

Can't believe there is a test to see if you're likely to develop the cancer! Surely it would save the NHS money to test more frequently (eg for people with a family history)

Prevention is better than cure and all that!

i agree i think this service should be offered to especialy to the children of parents who have had cancer or even a family history.

in afew yrs i will be willing to pay for zane to have this test just so we no what his chances are but if its bad i wouldnt want to no

I like the show and it was very informative but I really dislike dawn porter. I find her really silly about things :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->