My bump isn't growing anymore?

scorpgirl05

Reaction score
Hello ladies I am 17 weeks pregnant and I seemed to have grown a little like I have the tiniest baby bump pooch bUT I am 17 weeks and it has seemed to stop growing :( is that common for the bump to not grow for awhile? This is my first pregnancy and have no idea what is going on...I was diagnosed with placenta previa at 10 weeks so it has me worried that the baby has stopped growing? Also I haven't really felt the baby move? Last I had an appt was 14.5 weeks and had a hb of 148 so everything seemed to be fine...

It could be that your bump before was more bloat. I have found around the 15-16 week mark with all of my pregnancies I start feeling less bloated and develop a proper bump. I sort of change shape rather than grow for a couple of weeks.

Have you been feeling movement? If you have and it's stopped it is worth getting checked out. Have a word with your midwife. It's quite early though so it's possible the baby has just changed position so you can't see or feel it as much. It's still only a little thing.

Worh having a word with your midwife though, if only for reassurance! X

I thought I felt a couple flutters just in the last few weeks but nothing really now...and I don't know it felt like a legitimate bump and it looks like it has even shrank a little so I don't know what to think.

Early on I thought my bump had shrunk. I do think that early pregnancy bloat has a lot to do with it. You have it in your head that you should be getting bigger all the time, and the bloat is deceptive. Once that eases off you'll feel less pregnant for a bit. Sure all is well though. And they are still so small they can really tuck themselves away so movements can be few and far between. But still call Midwife for reassurance if you want it.

Hello ladies I am 17 weeks pregnant and I seemed to have grown a little like I have the tiniest baby bump pooch bUT I am 17 weeks and it has seemed to stop growing :( is that common for the bump to not grow for awhile? This is my first pregnancy and have no idea what is going on...I was diagnosed with placenta previa at 10 weeks so it has me worried that the baby has stopped growing? Also I haven't really felt the baby move? Last I had an appt was 14.5 weeks and had a hb of 148 so everything seemed to be fine...

I'm sure everything is fine, but please call your midwife. If nothing else, they can put your mind at rest with what is normal and what isn't. You can ask to hear the heartbeat again, which will be lovely and reassuring, or if they are concerned they will scan you. Worry and stress is not good for you, so it's better to call now and get peace of mind. I do think bumps grow in spurts, with little/no growth for a week or so and suddenly over night it's like 'wow, where did that come from?'. I completely understand your concern as I have a potential placenta blood flow problem and the growth of my baby is being closely monitored (I had my 5th scan today at 23 weeks and another booked for 26 weeks). There is a plan in place if my baby's growth slows which is so reassuring to me, and that is what you need IF there is any growth problem. The earlier it is found, the better the care they can give you. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

From what I understand, your bump could also be slightly smaller because baby has moved into a corner which also would explain you not feeling much movement that past couple of days. Plus they're still so small at that stage that you're probably not feeling every single movement. I saw my baby in almost constant motion during my 20 week anomaly scan but it doesn't feel like baby is moving so much if I was only relying on what I'm feeling of movements. I don't think you can use fetal movement reliably until around week 28 or so for those very reasons when you're supposed to start keeping track.

Have you btw considered joining a pregnancy group on this forum? You go into "Pregnancy Forum" and find the section called "Pregnancy Groups & Discussions" then look for a group with others expecting to give birth the same month as you. I've found it nice to have other ladies to talk to about my pregnancy and any concerns I may have. Just a suggestion.

My bump has defo got smaller the last few weeks since the bloating has gone, I look less pregnant now at almost 18 weeks than I did at 14 :haha:

Are you on your feet a lot? I think when you're moving around you don't tend to feel baby. I notice movement most after I've eaten and I'm sitting quietly. Defo think you should call your midwife to put your mind at rest but know it's quite normal not to feel anything at this point, especially if it's your first!

Thanks ladies for your responses it really helps me just relax. I figured I am being silly but it is nice to heAR it has happened to other women too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->