• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My cat won't leave me alone!

Caelli86

Twin mummy to be!
Reaction score
Now I love my dear pussy cat but the past 2 days she has been obsessed with me! She has followed me everywhere, she slept with me yesterday all day on the sofa then when I went to have a shower she followed me to the bathroom and watched me! She never does that.
And last night she pawed at the bedroom door until I let her in.
This morning after being fed and let out for the loo by DH she has cried and scratched at the bedroom door until I let her in to be with me, and she never cries.
She's acting very strange and clingy with me.
Does she know something I don't know???
Anyone else's pets acting weird towards end of pregnancy ??

Know exactly what you mean! Our two cats are never usually cuddly with me but since becoming pregnant one is sitting on my bump all the time and even sleeps next to me in bed now! I think they can sense it :)

My mom's cats were like that with me when I was pregnant with my second at the end. It's like they could sense the end was near.

I have 2 cats. 1 of them doesn't care at all and hasn't changed but my other 1 does not leave me alone since being pregnant. As soon as sit down he straight up cuddling my bump. I think baby must like the vibrations of him purring as she gets really active kicking like mad the cats eyes looks at me like wth is going on!!

With DS1 my cat never left me alone and NEVER slept with me and she did for a few days and always walked with me. Well I gave birth to ds1 the next week at 36 weeks! She knew something was up.

Male cat? Maybe wanting to protect you. When I was pregnant with ds1 my old cat kept bring mice into the house for me, dropped them right by my feet, before he would only bring them into the garden.

My cat is female. she's quite s friendly cat anyway but defo more the past few days, she like has to be like everywhere I am, it's sweet but very annoying as I'm forever thinking I'm going to trip over her .

I have 2 cats and it's just the last couple wks they won't leave me alone, I have one that follows me everywhere and as soon as I sit down he jumps on my lap. The older one wants to lie right on top of me which he hasn't done since he was a kitten. Last night they both had to sleep with me which they never do lol cats are smart!
Mine are both male, i like to think they are protectingme and the baby! Baby also kicks alot when they are purring loudly!

Ohhh, that's adorable! My girl cat was really affectionate like that regularly pregnant or not but she died from an asthma attack a few years ago. Give your kitty a snuggle for me, I'd give anything to have her back right now. I wonder if female mama cats have progesterone surges too and the kittens remember the smell of that hormone? It may be from her kittenhood that you remind her of something or maybe she knows something is going on with you right now as you are different. Either way you're very lucky to have such a loving animal by your side.

After my girl cat died my other one (a boy cat) jumped out the window and disappeared :cry: so then to help get over the loss I started foster pregnant female cats and adopt them and their kittens out to forever homes for a local animal rescue charity. I can't wait to have another brood after this child is born (and old enough to appreciate the process of momma cats having kittens) and allow him/her to pick out 2 new kittens for our family. Animals teach kids empathy. I feel terribly lonely without my two cats at the moment! Enjoy your wee affectionate cat.

Aww, believe me I'm not complaining! I am
Enjoying it, I am loving my kitty snuggles 😸😸

I bet you'll be in labour soon. Cats sense hormonal changes when pregnant, so I would say something has happened to your smell to encourage the sudden change in personality.
When I lived in the midlands and there was a little earthquake (fairly big on richter scale for UK - like 4 lol), my cat woke me up 2 minutes before urgently trying to get under the covers with me - something she had never done before. Animals definitely sense things well beyond what our senses allow us xx

Yeah she can probably smell that you are going to go into labor soon. That's neat :) I love cats but my husband is allergic and hates them.

My dog hasn't changed his behavior at all but he's always been clingy. He's a jealous mama's boy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->