My cheeky settling trick!

Chel

Reaction score
Okay... so... I'm not going to get parent of the year award for this one, and surely I'm created BAD habits, but sometimes, when you're exhausted, the path of least resistant is the best one!

Jasper takes a dummy to settle, but sometimes he's just WAY too distraught to take the dummy, he wont suck as he's too busy crying, and he's crying because he's too tired and the tireder he gets the more he cries and so on and so forth!!! So, I dip his dummy in Infacol... and... the taste is just enough to distract him from crying, so he'll start sucking and he's often asleep within minutes - if it doesn't work immediately, I'll do it once more, because they can have up to .2mls, which I figure would probably be about 3-4 dummy dips, but I dont want to push it!

There... there it is... its almost like confessing a deep dark secret :blush: But it works for me!!!

Aw, when you are exhausted you are exhausted! :( I never wanted Amy to be in the habit of falling asleep being rocked or held, but when the time came and I was just too tired I would go against myself and she would get held. :) x

when your exhausted honey, your exhausted, big *hugs* for you, we cover maddi's eyes with a muslin, sends her right to sleep everytime :dohh:!

Needs must sweetie...needs must...ive found that sometimes when patrick is screaming for no apparent reason if i say "PATRICK" in a sharp stern voice he stops straight away...i dont know why it works and its not as if i shout...i think he picks up on the tone....is that mean?

Needs must sweetie...needs must...ive found that sometimes when patrick is screaming for no apparent reason if i say "PATRICK" in a sharp stern voice he stops straight away...i dont know why it works and its not as if i shout...i think he picks up on the tone....is that mean?

my OH does this and maley stops....doesnt work with me though

I've resorted to this too on occasion! you're right the new taste distracts them long enough to calm them down! glad i'm not alone.

I havent tried it but i would if he really wouldnt settle. When i'm settling him i look like like im doing a work out cos he loves to be rocked fast :rofl:
xx

our trick is very similar! we put dentinox on his gums and shove his dummy straight back in. It works to make him stop crying and fall asleep 9/10 times!

When Rebecca's drifting off she tends to keep taking her dummy out and thrashes about hitting herself in the head with her left arm. So I sometimes hold her arms down by her sides so she can't do either! Oops....does make her get to sleep faster though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->