My Chicken Rotel Recipe

oh my goodness, that looks delicious....im an american but i live in the uk now and i haven't actually found a website that ships to the uk for american food that includes rotel...but once i do, im so making your recipe!

you can use a can of diced tomatoes and a can of green chiles and it has the same effect :D

I am hungry for this now but scared of indigestion! Lol

Thanks! Made it last week for my step-daughters and they LOVED it! They are 9 & 10 too!

Chicken Rotel

“We call it Chicken Rotel because we use to use Rotel but changed to regular tomatoes because too spicy for Mark and Jace, lol. Just need to come up with a new name! :D”

Ingredients:

*1 Whole bag of Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders or Chicken Breasts- Cubed
*3 to 4 cans of Diced or Petite Diced Tomatoes (Can use regular or Italian)- un-drained (or you can use Rotel if you want it spicy)
*2 Large Onions- Sliced
*Salt & Pepper- to taste
*1/2 cup of Butter or Margarine (We use Blue Bonnet. The flavor is Wonderful!)
*1 to 2 tsp of Minced Garlic
*1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
*2 tsp of Italian seasoning (if you did not buy the Italian tomatoes)
*Jasmine Rice (Or whatever you prefer!)
*Chicken Broth or Bouillon Cubes

1.) In a large pan, add the butter, EVOO and onions. Sautee until tender.

2.) Add chicken in and brown. Add garlic at this time.

3.) Add cans of Diced tomatoes, Salt & Pepper, Italian Seasoning, and more butter if desired. (My sister and I love adding more butter just because this butter gives a GREAT flavor.) Bring to a boil! Cover and reduce to low and simmer for about 15 to 20 mins. This will cook the chicken the rest of the way.

Serve over Rice that has been cooked in the Chicken Broth instead of cooked in just water! Gives it a much better flavor! Also love to use the Jasmine Rice! MMMmmm!!! That can be cooked in water not the broth. You could probably use egg noodles too.

Will try this one. Can we substitute chicken with other meat? like pork? hmmmm...maybe will try that as well.

I'm pretty sure you can. I just love it this way. LOL

I still have yet to make this!! Hmm.. maybe if I hurry I can get to walmart and get the tomatoes and an onion and do this tonight for Roland! The cans of tomatoes are the normal sized cans and not the bigger ones right? And how much does this serve again using 3-4 cans of tomatoes and 1 whole bag of chicken?

It makes enough for leftovers Erica. You can use just 1 huge can of diced tomatoes too. I did with my step-daughters and it was perfect. 1 whole bag of chicken tenders too is what I used! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->