my christmas eve baby arrived in record time lol!!!

M

mamaofthree

Ok, so this was my fourth baby, and all have been slightly early, so if had gone any later than 38 plus 2 i probably would have been begging for induction as would have fely over due...lol!!!

I have had strong braxton hicks since 36weeks, and lost my plug at 36/37weeks, and spent the next two weeks wondering if it was just around the corner (yu'd think i'd be a dab hand at this now...but no just as stressed as if it were my first!)Anyways, after bouncing on my birthing ball like a maniac for two weeks, and consuming as MUCH rasberry leaf as is humanly possible on the 23rd dec at around 10pm i was getting regular tightenings but after an hour they stoped, plus they were very short so i went to bed kinda relieved as had been in bed for a week with a 39degree temp, and chest infection. Oh lucky me i thought i get to go in to labour sweating and shivering, but no, nothing else happened and i got a decent nights sleep for once......but this was the calm before the storm.

I awoke at exactly 5am with the WORST tightenings ever, but i still didnt believe this was it, despite the fact the first two were 7mins apart, and then for the next 10mins they came evry 2mins, until eventually at about 5.20 i dragged myself out of bed, woke my partner, rang my mum&the local m/w led unit (who told me to get myself in pronto!!!!) I struggled to get dressed, and my partner put my uggs and trousers on for me as i was doubled with pain, and in the back of my head a niggle told me we weren't going anywhere. My oh helped me across to the toilet at about 5.25 as i was insisting i needed a poo (soz tmi) but i didn't, however noticed i had had a show. I managed to get down stairs on my bum, and as i stood in the kitchen desperately trying to put my contact lenses in, cuz i'm blind as a bat without them, and i really wanted to be able to see my baby when he arrived, when gush my waters broke and i couldn't stand anymore. At this point i knew baby was coming m/w or no m/w as my other labours have been quick, and as soon as the waters go they are out! so i bent over the sofa on all fours and just about managed to get my pj's off when i got an overwhelming urge to push!

i then shoouted call an ambulance to my oh who was upstairs getting blankets, who replied whats the number!!! hahaha....bless him, he was in shock, but i nearly hit him........how can you forget 999?????At this point i would have bitten your hand off for gas and air, but i knew this wasn't going to be available.

The operators were fab, and instructed him to suport the head when he could see it, and sure enough just as he got the blankets lo's head crowned, shortly followed by his shoulders and little body into my oh's arms. He cried immediately which was a relief, but trying to pass him through my legs for skin to skin without pulling the cord was hillarious....what a disaster. Anyway, as we were struggling to do this my mum arrived in utter shock at seeing me with bubs in my arms.

After 2mins at 5.39 the paramedics arrived and checked my bp which was sky high 140/102!!! but as i still had a bit of a temp from the infection plus the stress they were not concerned and re checked in 10mins and it was more normal thankfully!! The placenta delivered itself shortly after the birth without any synto shots, unbeknown to me also.

The m/w arrived at 6.20 by which point i was in my pj's eating a bacon sarnie and having a cupa with the ambulance crew&breast feeding my lovely little christmas boy. Baby weighed 6lb 15 and was doing well, and i had no probs so home we stayed!!

My oh is still having nightmares...bless...and will never look at me the same he says LOL. He was fab, and it really shows you what they can do in a time of crisis!

S 37mins from start to cradling baby...intense and quite scary...but very very worth it!

thanks for listening ladies:hugs: will update with pics shortly. x x

Wow! What a shock and a lovely surprise! It sounds like you and your hubby did a great job. Congrats!!

Wow, amazing - how brave were you all. Congrats. Have you chosen a name yet? x

What an amazing story xx congrats hun

Great birth story!! I love the line about you eating and having tea by the time the midwife got there :rofl:

God I was on the edge of me seat reading that birth story! Well done to you and your hubby :thumbup:
And congrats on your little Christmas miracle x

Wow, amazing - how brave were you all. Congrats. Have you chosen a name yet? x
Thanks chick!
We think Iolo Rhain as all our others have celtic/welsh names cian deri, cadi elenna, and mael ninian...but still undecided. x x x

Great birth story!! I love the line about you eating and having tea by the time the midwife got there :rofl:
Cheers hunny!
LOL! I wudn't have gone anywhere without a cupa.....and it was the best breakfast EVER! nothing will beat it! I think the m/w felt a bit redundant...hahaha x x x

Wow I thought my labour was quick, congratulations brilliant story

wow im so impressed what a labour n delivery !! congrats hun xx

awww what a lovely story :D forgetting 999? lmao my OH would be like that too! congrates on ur LO x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->