My Dad

motherofboys

Reaction score
My Mum and Dad split up when I was 2. My Dad went into the Navy and we didn't see much of him. We couldnt even garentee if he would bother turning up when he told us he would during leave. All contact stopped when I was 8. I traced him when I was 18. I discovered that a lot of the things my Mum had said were true. The man is a pompous arse LOL
We maintained contact through email and would get a visit from him 2-3 times a year.
The last time I saw him I was heavily pregnant with my 3rd baby in January 2010. We carried on emailing but he never actually met my youngest.
Back in June last year I got locked out of my email account. I couldnt email him. He has facebook but does not have a picture on there and there are quite a few people with the same name and no picture. But he knows I have facebook as his told me in the past that he checked it. I didnt have his number or address as he moved shortly before I was locked out of my emails and I never wrote the new details down. He did have my number though.
So he had a few ways to contact me and I had none to contact him.
Anyway I just managed to get into my old email account and I have searched right back to June last year and I never had even 1 email from him.
I'm not sure if now I am back in that account if I should email him and explain what happened or if I should just leave it as he could have contacted me, even if I had had 1 email since the last one I sent him then I could have thought he was waiting for my response but I have had nothing.
I don't know if I should just think 'oh well its his loss, its not like we got on or I'm missing out on anything'

It depends on what you want sweetie, do you want a relationship with him? Or do you honestly think about him and think 'Oh well?' x

I honestly don't know. I think back to the things he did and said that annoyed and upset me and think is it really worth it? I guess there is a bit of me that wants to prove I'm not like him, I don't just drop people and forget they ever existed. Which I guess is petty.

It sounds like he doesn't mean that much to you babe.. Or at least you know you can do without him! You can always make an effort, but you shouldn't have to chase him constantly! But think.. If you found out he'd died tomorrow (touch wood of course) Would you be happy knowing you didn't try again? x

Yeah his been in and out of my life so much. And I had a lot of problems with my Mum and step dad and built up this image of what it would be like when I could find him and how he'd be but it turned out my Mum was telling the truth on something. I think I am probably better off with out the heart ache of it all, but I feel I should do something. And I guess if something did happen to him I'd feel bad that I didn't try again.
I'm so used to doing all the chasing with everyone on all sides of my family and I'm trying to be stronger about it, because I know people use me and then dump me till the next time they need me.
Maybe I should just put the ball into his court and see what happens.

Go for it Honey, I just don't want you to have any regrets! Feel free to PM me if you need to talk. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->