My doctor has given up on me?

Novabel

Reaction score
My last period was in October... wow. I bd when I was ovulating and I watched my temps and they dropped a day when I had pinching pains (implantation) and then they rose steady afterward. I had a few symptoms, mostly night sickness and sore boobs. I had other weird symptoms like blurry vision too that's never gotten better. I have tons of other symptoms (increased cf, heightened sense of smell, emotions everywhere, exhaustion) but around when I would have been 8 weeks they trailed off...

Around December I spotted for a week and I'm not a person that's ever spotted in my life. After that, nothing.

I have these pinching stretching pains where that round ligament is, and I've been having almost period like cramps on and off the last two weeks.

Now for the weird part...

Let me start by saying I don't believe I'm pregnant. I'm just scared it's something scary.

I have never tested positive.

My doctor tried a urin test and it was negative and I just took one last night and it's still negative. I had two blood tests and both where negative. The first one I had in the beginning of December had a slight dip in my thyroid but that's all.

She sent me to check my hormones and they came back normal!

I thought for sure it was hormones, my cup size has gone up by two and I was already an H cup so I want to cry lol but I guess that's not it.

I asked my doctor what she thought and her reply was "I have no idea!"

And that was it. She offered no other advice other than to keep taking pregnancy tests...

I'm a healthy 25 year old and I've never skipped a period for this long. And these cramps are driving me crazy, it's like I got a tumour growing in there or something. I'm glad she's looking out for my well being...

Does this sound like pregnancy? Trust me, I would be over the moon if it was but I'm so scared I'm just sick and my doctor is not interested in helping me.

My grandmother told me she never tested positive on a blood or urin test till she was past three months so I don't know.

I will be going to a private clinic to get a scan at the end of February either way but this whole situation is frustrating...

Sorry for the rant :(

There are medications you can take to induce your period. Perhaps there's a reason that your doctor didn't recommend that, but it's worth it to ask about it.

There are medications you can take to induce your period. Perhaps there's a reason that your doctor didn't recommend that, but it's worth it to ask about it.

Yea I've heard of those. I wouldn't dare try it until I get that ultrasound to know for absolute certain there's no baby in there, but that's next on my list.

I have a feeling my doctor thinks I'm pregnant so I guess I'll talk more with her at my appointment next week :(

Thank you!

I have heard stories on here that they went 9 months baby popped out and all tests were negative. Its rare but it happens. Some ppl dont rven show have periods right through and suddnely give birth. Our bodies so like to mess with us.ur right until u get an ultrasound dont take anything.

Are you in the uk? Private ultra sounds are 30 quid in some places and u get ur answer straight away. When i was pg i got loads of leaflets asking if i want extra private u/s so im sure they would do it. Really sounds like ur pg. The only time that happened to me i came of bc. Had 1 period and then none for 3 months i didnt have symptoms but was scary and i had tests all neg but it does sound like what i was like early on

Your BBT would suggest you ovulated so with the negative blood test I would be about as puzzled as your doctor, I hope the ultrasound gives you some answers. if they dont find anything you can try provera to induce a period.

I have heard stories on here that they went 9 months baby popped out and all tests were negative. Its rare but it happens. Some ppl dont rven show have periods right through and suddnely give birth. Our bodies so like to mess with us.ur right until u get an ultrasound dont take anything.

Are you in the uk? Private ultra sounds are 30 quid in some places and u get ur answer straight away. When i was pg i got loads of leaflets asking if i want extra private u/s so im sure they would do it. Really sounds like ur pg. The only time that happened to me i came of bc. Had 1 period and then none for 3 months i didnt have symptoms but was scary and i had tests all neg but it does sound like what i was like early on

I live in Canada, I would have gotten the ultrasound earlier but they only do it after 12 weeks :( I was relying on my doctor to send me in December but she doesn't seem interested.

I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks either way!

Your BBT would suggest you ovulated so with the negative blood test I would be about as puzzled as your doctor, I hope the ultrasound gives you some answers. if they dont find anything you can try provera to induce a period.

Thank you, I'll be happy just getting an answer at this point :)

When I was ttc I had 3 months with no periods, normal hormone panel, negative pregnancy blood and urine tests and lots of hormonal symptoms. Asked the Dr to refer me for a vaginal us and they found a few small cysts on my right ovary which triggered my diagnosis of PCOS. I was given provera to induce a period and went on a low GI diet which regulated my cycles. 6 months later I got my BFP. It's worth asking for further tests, especially if you have any other signs of PCOS besides irregular menstruation.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Polycystic-ovarian-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx

When I was ttc I had 3 months with no periods, normal hormone panel, negative pregnancy blood and urine tests and lots of hormonal symptoms. Asked the Dr to refer me for a vaginal us and they found a few small cysts on my right ovary which triggered my diagnosis of PCOS. I was given provera to induce a period and went on a low GI diet which regulated my cycles. 6 months later I got my BFP. It's worth asking for further tests, especially if you have any other signs of PCOS besides irregular menstruation.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Polycystic-ovarian-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I do have a question, were your periods normal before that? Mine have been the same since they started. I have a 30-32 day cycle and they are always the same, even the symptoms before it starts. I know I've always ovulated as well so they're not abnormal and the only time I skipped one was when I was under extreme stress and starving. I'm just not sure why out of all the times it would choose now to change. The exact month that I try to conceive?

It's the weird stretching and ligament pain that weirds me out. Would PCOS make me grow a bump because I'm started to get one :O I'm not even sure what it's supposed to feel like, is it supposed to be hard? The area around my uterus likes to move a lot too like a muscle spasm. Is that a symptom of cysts?

The women in my family might have PCOS just where we all have a problem with hair growth. But my nan said she never had a problem getting pregnant (and my mom certainly didn't since she had me at 15 and my twin sisters at 21 lol)

My doctor said she was going to send me for an ultrasound to check for cysts but like I mentioned she never bothered to follow through with that.

If I do have PCOS it chose a bad time to show up!

Thank you for the reply though, I am going to harass my doc on Monday for an ultrasound.

Have you recently stopped any sort of hormonal birth control?

When we TTC'd #3, I didn't have a period for 8 months after stopping BCP. Every few weeks or so I'd have spotting and that was it. FF would detect ovulation but nothing happened and eventually cross hairs were taken away. OB was insistent it was PCOS even though I had no symptoms, she refused to acknowledge a hormonal imbalance. Finally prescribed Provera and I literally ovulated and concieved immediately.

When we TTC'd #3, I didn't have a period for 8 months after stopping BCP. Every few weeks or so I'd have spotting and that was it. FF would detect ovulation but nothing happened and eventually cross hairs were taken away. OB was insistent it was PCOS even though I had no symptoms, she refused to acknowledge a hormonal imbalance. Finally prescribed Provera and I literally ovulated and concieved immediately.

Nope, never used it in my life. That's why I was hoping ttc would go more smoothly 😂

I was on the depo shot before ttc so didn't have periods, then they were inconsistent after I stopped it.

Nope, never used it in my life. That's why I was hoping ttc would go more smoothly 😂

Hmm. :-k

Could be a hormonal imbalance without. Definitely would consider inducing a period after you have the OK for your doctor.

Good luck! :hugs:

My bad cramping turned to pink spotting With a lot of mucus. I still have a bad stitch cramping on my left side too but I feel awful.

This couldn't be ectopic could it?

I just really hope it's af, as much as it would suck to have been waiting for 3 months I'd just rather it not be serious 😞

If you have any indication you're thinking it might be ectopic, I'd contact your provider and probably get into the ER. :(

Did u speak to.ur doc? Hope u t to.have an u/s would be a lovely way to.find out

It's definitely a miscarriage:( I've been having severe cramps for two days now and bleeding heavily. If only my doctor hadn't taken so long to help me. I have a feeling that getting extra progesterone could have possibly helped my since my levels never elevated in both my blood tests?

Trying not to feel angry but I feel like I was let down.

I hope the cramping stops eventually :(

Oh gosh so sorry to hear that. I hope you tell your doctor. That is so sad i was hoping you would have some good news. Hope you are ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->