My Double Pride *twin pics included*

I_AM_LIVID

Mum to 1Angel & b/g twins
Reaction score
The events leading up to the birth of my beautiful twins at 36 weeks, 2 days gestation on September 1 happened so quick and sudden. One minute I was lying in bed with my two fur babies thinking of what I should have for breakfast and the next thing, at 10:44 am I was reaching for my phone to call my OH as I knew I was having contractions. At the time they were about 20-25 minutes apart, so I had time to call my mum to take me to hospital as well as to take a shower (don’t ask me why, it was a natural instinct).

Although my c-section was booked for September 13, I knew I was going to have my babies on that day because my OBGYN had informed us after I had my first contractions at 32 weeks, 2 days gestation, that if I got contractions again, he was not going to stop them. When I called my OBGYN on that day, he told me to immediately go to hospital so the nurses could prep me for theatre. I was scared that babies were too small and would have to do time in NICU, yet excited at the prospect of meeting my babies after a very complicated and seemingly drawn out pregnancy.

Once at the hospital, it was confirmed that I was in labour. At the time my main concern was whether my OH would make it to the hospital in time to cut the umbilical cords of the babies. When in theatre the anaesthetist ask me if I wanted to go under GA or have an epidural. Interestingly enough, up until that point I was undecided, so I surprised myself somewhat when I immediately responded “general anesthesia”. Having already lost a baby, I think I was scared of being conscious while babies were being delivered and know that I would completely be useless if something went wrong. I just wanted to sleep and wake up to be told my babies were perfect and healthy.

Less than 30 minutes later, I woke up with a nurse and my OH hovering over me. OH didn’t make it in time to cut the cords, but he was there shortly after to watch them clean the babies and monitor them. I believe my first words waking up were “how are the babies? Is everything fine?” OH assured me that everything went well, the babies were beautiful, that Clarissa weighs 2.64 kgs (5lb 8ozs) and is 47 cm long and Gabriel 2.3 kgs (5lb 1oz) and 49 cm long.

Although both babies were immediately placed in the incubators for heartbeat and saturation level monitoring, Clarissa was removed the next day while Gabriel stayed in there for 4 days. He was fine, but his saturation levels were dipping at times and his heart rate was much slower than his sister’s (although still above 100 beats per minute). On Tuesday, the babies and I finally came home. They are perfect and I’m completely inlove.

Clarissa and Gabriel
clagab1.jpg

Clarissa - my mini-me, only much, much cuter
cla2.jpg

Gabriel - a duplicate of her daddy
gab2.jpg

Clarissa's favourite facial expression... the pout
pout.jpg

Gabriel dreaming of puppies and butterflies
smile.jpg

Oh wow - they are beautiful! All babies are amazing, wonderful gifts but theres something extra special about multiples x

Congratulations on the birth of Clarissa and Gabriel, they are beautiful

x x

They are AMAZING hun!!!!
You must be so proud and just over the moon :D
Enjoy your perfectly complete family xxx :hugs:

Aww... they really are gorgeous - well done you!! Huge congratulations xxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

absoloutly gorgeous! I loooove the puppy dream face! well done hon x

huge congrats hunny, i understand how scared you must have been, well done,xx

They are really beautiful. Congratulations and well done. I hope your recovering well and babies are settling in at home xx

Awwwww congratulations!! They are absolutely beautiful. xx

I dont usually post on Birth Story's im a terrible reader and runner but those two little baby's are Stunning.......really really cute,So cute in fact they have the power to make a 37 week pregnant woman broody...dunno how that works....Congratulations on your 2 beautiful little stunner's xx

Congratulations. They are so so gorgeous!!!

Well done Jamie... your an amazing big brother :kiss:

xxx

Awwww they are gorgeous!! Congratulations! Ha ha oh dear Clarissa is a pouter already, and I love the one of Gabriel dreaming. They both look adorable.

OMG how wonderful!! So glad it all went well, and u must be so proud they are absolutely gorgeous!! Can defo see that Clarissa looks like her mummy!!! Well done & HUGE congratulations to u & your OH :flower: x

Congratulations ... they are beautiful, well done you!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->