My Emergency C-Section

Velathria

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hello everyone :flower:

I thought you guys might like to hear my interesting and crazy story of how my little Rainbow Baby, Timothy was born.

So here it goes:

I had my usual prenatal Appointment on Friday, 20th of October and I told the Doctor that I was experiencing a lack of movement from the little guy, so he decided to send me for an Ultrasound. Now since around the 30th Week little Timmy had been perfectly in head down position.
But then the Ultrasound technician tells me that at 39 Weeks my little guy had turned breech :dohh: I was so frustrated and sad. And then even worse she tells me that my amniotic fluid was low.

So back to the doctor and he tells me that we will have to do a C-Section. Although he was worried about the low amnio fluid. So he decided to do a test.

Now this test seemed pretty much like a sweep. Because it felt like he was mixing a drink inside me. (test was negative) Alright so C-section was planned in a week on my due date.
After i made it back home i started having a lot of pains but I just thought it was the usual pains after walking a lot that day. No biggie.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful but i was still having those annoying pains. They felt like i need to poo really bad but nothing was coming out.

After I had put my Son to bed, I finally laid down and hoped that the pains might go away. But no such luck. All night it kept me up. I tried going to the toilet but like before nothing was happening.
Then suddenly at around 2 am the pains started getting worse and worse. Me the idiot still thought it wasn't contractions. I had had a lot of scares now with contractions so i just thought this would go away.

But nope they just grew strong to a point that when i had them i couldn't
walk or talk. I tried breathing through them but nothing. I started crying as i sat on the toilet yet again.
Then ofc my son woke up with pains in his legs. So down the stairs i go to get calpol for him. But a contraction hits me and i collapse on the stairs crying out.
At this point i was crying on the stairs and my son was crying in his room from the pains. Suddenly i hear movement upstairs and my husband comes running out of the room asking whats wrong.

Ofc i couldn't talk until the contraction was gone and he helped me up the stairs. He gave my son the calpol and tugged him back in. I told him that i wanted to go to the hospital. He called his mother (who was our ride to the hospital) and started grabbing the last few bits to pack up. And i was busying trying to breath through the contractions. (we still hadn't timed them :D)

Finally we made it in the car. (One of my Dh's brothers came over to watch our son)
While we were driving we decided to time the contractions (after i finally realized they were contractions :haha:)
and they were 4 min apart and 1 min.

Shortly before we made it to the hospital they went to every 3 min and lasted a 1 to a 1 and a half.

I walked into admissions and tried hooking me up to the ctg machine but because i was suddenly having the contractions one after another she just said "Screw it! Get the doctor!"
So one nurse was putting the hospital gown on me while the other put an IV in. Then the doctor came and another man and a few more nurses. People were prepping the bed and the doctor tried to feel how far along i was.
When i heard "7 cm dilated!" I was shocked and that's when it went fast. Me screaming that i wanted my husband and them pushing me out the door and down the hall to the lift. I was having one contraction after another and the doctor starts shouting at me.
"Are you pushing? Stop pushing!Breath through it! Try to breath through it." Everybody was asking questions and talking about all kinds of stuff for the surgery.
They push me into the lift and the doctor checks me again. I was at 8 cm by then.
And by the time we made it in to the OR, I was fully dilated and Timmy was pushing down with his bum.
They were pulling rings and my glasses off me. And put the mask on my face to put me to sleep but the contractions kept me from going to sleep. I was still scrunching together from the contractions as the nurse tried to keep the mask on my face, telling me to breath it in deep.

Before i knew it, i was out and Timmy was born at 5:19 am on Saturday. I woke up 2 hours later to finally see my little guy. The whole first day was a blur as i slept most of it. But then finally the next day I felt like i saw my little boy for the first time.

I am happy that my baby is healthy and doing good but I am quite sad that i missed out on my boy's first day and also didn't get to hold him first and see him.

The whole time i had planned this amazing natural birth with no pain meds and got the total opposite. :D

That was my super fast emergency C-section. If anyone cares for my opinion C-sections suck :D i'd go natural birth any day against that.

Hope you enjoyed my story. Am extremely happy to have my little rainbow baby :cloud9:

I’m sorry you didn’t get your natural birth, I can imagine it sucked to have an emergency c section!

BUT it’s quite the story and I’m impressed! You did so well!!

thanks ^^ i do feel like i can do it now without painkillers :) because i basically did without the pushing part :D

recovery from c-section sucks though... just want to walk around do all kinds of stuff. But i have to take it easy just in case the stitches burst or something.

I'm sorry you didn't get the birth that you wanted, but you did great. Congratulations!

Wow, what a delivery your little boy had. Sorry you didn't have the delivery you wanted but it sounds like you did amazing coping with all that. well done mummy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->