My Fake Baby

O

Ozzieshunni

Anyone watched this before? What do you think? It's women who have dolls that look like real babies.

I got kinda angry when one woman said it's about enjoying parenting. It's a doll! Another woman said that she would have a real baby if she could and that it's money well spent and the doll doesn't "spoil it" when you dress them up!

I watched it!
That blonde woman was NUTS. She was so scary talking about the cracked head, her eyes were manic!
I thought something awful had happened to baby Harry. I did feel sorry for that woman, having him all that time and then him moving :(
OH thinks they moved to escape the crazy nan!

I don't remember the channel. I thought something had happened to Harry too! Turns out he just moved with his mom! Very strange.

it was on sky living.
i watched some of this and was concidering making a post about it.
the women i saw on it were just nuts!
the one woman wanted bonding time...its a doll and then the other who got the doll made to look like her grandson i just thought she was very selfish and well mad.

im all for having a collection but when u take a doll out in a pram past the age of 8 its weird!

Me! :wacko:

the woman with the cracked head thing that bought it designer stuff

"she still smiles even though she's hurt"

*turns the tv over not making any eye contact* :help:

i thought it was really odd too, i mean i cant imagine how terrible it is to never have your own child, so it must be terrible for some women to be childless and want to have a baby. but its NOT a baby, its a doll, fair enough if they just like dolls but these ladies were OTT about it IMO.

We watched this last night too.

Its all very odd, I said to my OH that maybe blondy shouldnt have children as they wouldnt live up to her 'perfect' expectations.

And while I did feel sorry for the gran, she remarked at one point that no-one could take her harry away again. Well it wasnt just anyone who took him, it was his mother who must of had a hell of a couple of years with cancer, can you blame her wanting fresh start with a man she loves? She should be happy her daughter is still here and her grandson isnt motherless rather than moaning that she took him away. IMO anyways lol

x

We watched this last night too.

Its all very odd, I said to my OH that maybe blondy shouldnt have children as they wouldnt live up to her 'perfect' expectations.

And while I did feel sorry for the gran, she remarked at one point that no-one could take her harry away again. Well it wasnt just anyone who took him, it was his mother who must of had a hell of a couple of years with cancer, can you blame her wanting fresh start with a man she loves? She should be happy her daughter is still here and her grandson isnt motherless rather than moaning that she took him away. IMO anyways lol

x

I thought that was creepy :wacko: Like she thought he was her possession or something. At first I thought Harry was her baby who had passed away in which case I could kinda understand it, but its not even like she didnt have children of her own, she had her daughter obviously because she had Harry! I thought it was odd when she was talking to Harry on Skype as well, getting all defensive when he said it was a doll saying "No this is baby Harry"

I agree with whoever's OH said they went to New Zealand to get away from her... Cannot imagine how overbearing she must have been!

just from reading this is sounds a bit mad espesh that granny with "baby harry"

When I was little, my gran had a real sized porcelain doll made to look like I did when I was a baby, but she gave it to me to play with and now it's all packed away for when I have a daughter someday. I couldn't imagine my gran or mom taking it out and pushing it around in a stroller, lol!

Anna, I was just listening to the song that you have quoted in your siggie :)

That cracked head doll was hideous.
I don't know why Harry's crazy nan didn't use that money to go and see him?
Unless she's been banned :haha:

That cracked head doll was hideous.
I don't know why Harry's crazy nan didn't use that money to go and see him?
Unless she's been banned :haha:

id ban my mum from seeing zane if she went all psyco like that woman. made me laugh when harry called her nutty nutter when she was calling the doll a baby tho bless him.

i also felt sorry for her poor husband

Me too, NZ just wouldn't be far away enough!
When the husband said 'It looks like something off a mortuary slab!'
Poor nan.
Harry was an gorgeous little boy though!

Me too, NZ just wouldn't be far away enough!
When the husband said 'It looks like something off a mortuary slab!'Poor nan.
Harry was an gorgeous little boy though!

it did tho lol was so weird.
i can understand missing someone so much u want to see them everyday but im not going out and buying a doll that looked like my oh.....it would be too weird and its not exactly healthy.
i think my mum would have me sectioned lol

I watched this a few years ago when it aired on Channel 4.. It was strange.. I think the lady who makes them has closed her business. She got a few complaints from people complaining they sold her dodgy dolls.

i seen this before too, as has been said im all for collecting n if u like dolls collect them
but taking them out in a pram is a bit odd n the lady with baby harry well she seemed a bit detatched from reality
i suppose i could understand if harry was hers n something had happened but he'd only moved n its not like they werent in contact either
i have noithing against the dolls, they are well made n take some skill
but they are not my thing
my daughter has a reborn thats as big as she was born 2lb 4 n 13 inches long thats the reason she has to remind us how small she was n how far she's come, it but it stays in her room n wont be going out in a pram (my daughter is 17 btw!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->