My fat baby born on Fat Tuesday

Annunakian

Mom of two
Reaction score
Ok, to be honest most of the day is a blur so I'm sure this is going to be relatively shorter than it should be. Bear with me!

I was induced on March 8th, admitted into the hospital at 7am Central time and started on pitocin probably about 8am ish. The two nurses (at first) that I had were not the best people around. They barely smiled unless they were talking to themselves, one was a student and I really didn't want a student to be begin with but I was feeling too excited and happy that day to turn down someone trying to learn. In retrospect I probably should have requested a different pair of nurses but oh well.

They get the IV going (with some 'issues') and tape the crap out of it so it doesn't move. I get checked and they do all the preps and small talk and whatnot. I was told that I was still 3cm and she was still high up so they didn't know how much pitocin it would take to get me going. At that point my nerves were starting to take their toll and I started feeling nauseous. I only ate a small package of trail mix that morning with my insulin just to make sure my sugars were good so my OB didn't have to add anything to my IV.

So we sit and watch the news and watch all the people traditionally going to a local bakery for Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras) getting Paczi's by the dozen. By about 9 or so DH was getting hungry and had told the nurse earlier that he wanted to go and get something to eat so he needed his bracelet and keycard. Every time he asked about it she gave him the attitude like she couldn't be bothered to get it at all. I think by about 10ish he finally got his things and was able to go to BK for a bit to eat since he was getting crabby.

My OB comes in at some point either before or after the pitocin and breaks my waters. :shocked: I was literally laying in a pool of fluid. And it just kept coming, and coming and coming. I think we went through most of their clean towel supply eventually. Slowly but surely I start gaining cm. Thanks to the pitocin, the contractions got way out of hand and I ended up getting an epidural. It was all ovary cramping and I was hoping for any other pain but that kind. So I went through the seemingly forever process of the epi. Thankfully the anesthesiologist was a really cool guy. After it was said and done they laid me back down. By that time I had started getting this awful ringing in my left ear and started to hyperventilate for some reason. I ended up throwing up during that.

So things started to settle and everything was routine for awhile, checking, talking, checking my sugars, giving me snacks, etc. I drifted off many times only to get woken up to get a temperature or something. I had gotten about 2 hours of sleep the night before, who could sleep the night before their induction? I started feeling the cramping in my right side, just like what happened with DS. I could feel my leg more and the pain came quicker. Got another dose of epi that lasted a little while longer. Threw up again not long after that. Shift change came and I got some wonderful nurses, much better than the pair I had gotten when I first got in there. I felt much more comfortable with them and in better hands.This is really where it becomes blurry so I'm sure I'll miss something. My OB came in to check me and it seems like I was stuck on 4 and 7 centimeters for quiet awhile and couldn't figure out why, I woke up at one point feeling wet on my right side, lifted my arm to see that my IV was leaking pretty bad. Probably why I kept getting stuck. The new nurses fixed it and it stopped leaking. After that I was on a decent roll after having the fear of never getting more than 7cm dilated.

The epi pretty much wore off except in my legs, I started getting pain on my left side this time, the contractions had switched side and were now radiating through my pelvis but I was still only about 8cm and she as still high up. I got sick (yet again) but this time I made sure to purposely wretch harder to help her move down since that's what helped me with DS. Low and behold about 20min later I was about 9 and ready to push but she said I was stretchy enough to get things going. I think there was about 5 or 6 people in that room all hovering over me; all nurses, my OB and then DH. I was holding DHs hand and one of the nurses offered me hers for me other hand, there were a couple of them pushing back my legs for me. It was really painful because when they pushed my legs back the cramps got worse. I pushed probably about 5 or 6 times, the whole process between getting everything prepped and her down far enough took about an hour.

7:01pm Central Time: Zoe Noel was born into this world weighing 10lb 6oz and was 22in long. They laid her on my chest as I helped wiped her off in a daze and DH cut her cord. She did her crying bit and just laid there taking everything in, watching whatever she could see go on around her. I got stitched up, wiped up and given dinner while the nurses got me my vicodin and ibuprofen as DH spent some time with the DD that he has been waiting for. After eating and getting settled I held my daughter and fell in love with the biggest cheeks in the world. My labor was kind of insane compared to DS and I thought I wasn't going to be able to bear the pain but I did. She was worth every bit of pain and discomfort I went through that day.

Attachments

• DSCF0506.jpg
    DSCF0506.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF0515.jpg
    DSCF0515.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF0548.jpg
    DSCF0548.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 82
Shes cute as!

Congratulations!

Oh my goodness her cheeks are amazing!!! She is so cute hun! Congrats!

She is so beautiful congratulations and well done!

Aw shes beautiful, congratulations! x

Oh my goodness what gorgeous chubby cheeks, well done you! x

Thanks everyone! She is the best thing to make my life complete. I've had many sleepless nights so far but every time I look at that face I know I'd do anything to keep her happy. :cloud9:

Aww she is so cute and chubby, i wana munch her up!
Congratulations :D x

Aww well done and congrats, she is beautiful and so alert and clever, what a beautie xx

Congratulations!! What a lil cutey :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->