My Favorite Name - Love or hate?

SugarBeth

Reaction score
After giving our daughter the name Katherine Isabelle (Katie Belle) our two favorite names, we're wiped out in case the next one is a girl (I'm hoping it is!)

I fell in love with a name that DH absolutely hates. It's definitely different from our normal, traditional DD's name, but I like that.

The name is Kalliope Rose. Kalliope is pronounced Kah-lie-ah-pee. I'd call her Kallie Rose, which would be adorable with Katie Belle. It means beautiful voice and was the Greek muse of epic poetry. No other name appeals to me more!

DH wants something simple and traditional, like Claire. He dOesnt even like Rose.

What are your opinions on the name?

Didn't wanna R&R..
I like it! :) I'm going Greek with my son's name-- Alekzander Elias.

I'm sorry... i have to agree with your OH... i'm not a fan of Kalliope :nope:

Kallie Rose is very nice tho... i would use that as a full name :shrug:

Or maybe Kalliana? Kalliana Rosalie... nn. "Kallie Rose"? (that way it's two longer names, shortened into a cute nn... like her big sister!)

Maybe Calandra or Calista? :shrug: Rose is a lovely middle name, it sounds nice with so many names, not sure about Kalliope though

Thanks!

I've looked into variations, but I just love the way Kalliope sounds and flows. I like Kalliope better than kallie, so I don't want to do just kallie. But I know it's definitely not most people's cup of tea!

I actually really like Kalliope! And Kallie Rose is adorable!

How about Callalily?

When i look at Kalliope... i pronounce it like "kallie-o-pee" which isn't too bad... but then when i try to say it the way you said you want it pronounced... i can barely say it! :shrug: I think it would be very hard for people to remember... spell... and pronounce correctly... just my opinion!

If your DH hates it... it's prob a no-go anyhow, right?

Plus, you just said it's "definitely not most people's cup of tea" -- Do you want your baby to have a name that "most people" wont like... including her own dad? What if she hates it too?

Just a thought!

How about Callalily?

When i look at Kalliope... i pronounce it like "kallie-o-pee" which isn't too bad... but then when i try to say it the way you said you want it pronounced... i can barely say it! :shrug: I think it would be very hard for people to remember... spell... and pronounce correctly... just my opinion!

If your DH hates it... it's prob a no-go anyhow, right?

Plus, you just said it's "definitely not most people's cup of tea" -- Do you want your baby to have a name that "most people" wont like... including her own dad? What if she hates it too?
Just a thought!

I think it's a name that grows on you. When I first heard it I thought it was odd. Then I kept hearing it and liking it and it very quickly became my favorite name. First time DH heard it he said absolutely not. I've repeated it to him a few times and now he says probably not. He might not be fond of it, but even though he started out really disliking it, even he is finding its not so bad. And he only just heard it the last week or so.

If a daughter didn't like it, she could just go by Kallie, or Lyla. I didn't like my name growing up, as most kids do, but I had no nickname substitutes. At least this has back up names!

I honestly dont see it as hard to pronounce. When I first saw it, I was like "hmm". But once I heard it once, I always knew how to pro ounce it and spell it. It's a lot like Penelope really, and who doesn't know how to pronounce and spell that? Penelope is just more popular.

Thinking about it, it's it Kalli's full name on the show Grey's Anatomy? I'm pretty sure it is, it's kalliope is what her dad calls her.

Thinking about it, it's it Kalli's full name on the show Grey's Anatomy? I'm pretty sure it is, it's kalliope is what her dad calls her.

Is it? I haven't watched it since the third season. It went downhill after that for me.

I have always loved Callie/Kallie for a girl. And I think Calliope/Kalliope is the prettiest of the Greek Muse names. Good luck convincing your OH!

I think it's pretty, but of course I've got a little Calista, who we call Callie :)

I really like it!!! Its beautiful and flows so well! Im the same with names... if i have another girl next time i really want to call her Coco but the OH wont let me :( he says if we do, we should give her the middle name of coffee or tea :O ahahaha! I dont really mind, im gonna get my way ;) Good luck convincing yours! I know i'll need it! <3

if you like it go for it..lol

its not really my taste.

i like just Kallie Rose...short simple to the point lol.

even Kalista is nice..its greek also, Calliopie just looks weird to me idk but do what u feel~!

I don't really like it. It's fine having a name that's grows on you but that means that at least the first couple of time she meets someone they probably won't like her name. I really like Callie though.

I love it, but prefer it spelt with a C. I also first heard it on Greys.

Personally, I really don't like Calliope .. I think Callie is much nicer on it's own :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->