My first ever Mei Tai arrives today!! Have I put it on right?

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
My first ever Mei Tai arrived today and I LOVE it!! Can't believe I've been struggling with that awful Mothercare thing for so long :dohh:

It's a Nurtured Baby organic one, really soft. I'm not sure if I've tied it on ok though? And how do I do the back carry? I'm confused about how to get it tied on without her falling off my back!

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Nualasphotos196.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Nualasphotos197.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Nualasphotos198.jpg[/IMG]

looks right to me chick :) do the shoulder straps cross at the back?

Yeah looks great! I love it too, I might have to have a look at them!!

You might want to try holding her closer and doing it up quite tight - it looks fine as it is, but she might feel a bit like she is leaning away from you like that?

As for the back carry, have a lookj at some vids on youtube, I am yet to master getting Freya on my back on my own - so far I have only done it with someone putting her on me.

:D

that looks great tho you might want her a little higher hun, when you put her on your chest and pull the Mei tai up over her back and put the straps over your back and do a little couple of bounces then tie the straps behind your back etc etc that way you get her 'settled' in the carrier before you tie it up. :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great advice, thanks. I'll have another play tomorrow. Does she need to be a littler deeper in the sling if you know what I mean? Just wondering what she'll do with her head if she wants to sleep.

Yep, definitely a little deeper in, the fabric should come all the way up to her neck. As sara said, once the waist is tied and she is held in pull up on the fabric and get her snuggled right up to you. It could be that the waist straps aren't high enough so the 'seat' of the sling is too low. As a rough indicator her head should be able to rest above your boobs comfortably. Good tie for a first go though and what a gorgeous fabric!

^^^^

As above ladies have said regarding her positioning and gorgeous fabric :)

Yeah you should be able to comfortable kiss the top of her head! I can't find the website for those mei tais, what is it? Aisling is gorgeous by the way!!

Yeah you should be able to comfortable kiss the top of her head! I can't find the website for those mei tais, what is it? Aisling is gorgeous by the way!!

:blush: i've been looking for them too :blush: its gorgeous isn't it!!

Will she still be able to see out and look about??

Sorry, it's Nurtured Little Ones, not Nurtured Baby :blush: I got mine on ebay but here's a link that came with the sling today - www.nurturedlittleone.com

Hmm, the link doesn't seem to work :shrug:

You can tie the part you have at her bottom at her back too to provide her more support if she needs it :) The back one takes a bit of balancing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->