My formula cost is going down!

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
So happy about this. For a few weeks I've been putting 1/2 formula and 1/2 whole milk in Chase's bottles and now we haven't been going through the formula we had been.

:happydance:

I have started using whole milk too... The ped said once they have trippled their birthweight they can go on whole milk... I am still giving Jasmine some formula, but i've found that she doesn't spit up the whole milk bottles... But as soon as you give her a formula bottle she throws it up...

Interesting, I was talking to a friend about this today. She wants to start whole milk, but isn't sure of the best way to go around it. I seggested mixing formula and whole milk and gradually increasing/decreasing the mix until it was all whole milk. But we weren't sure if you could mix it with formula or not. Is this how you plan to do things, Leanne?

Interesting, I was talking to a friend about this today. She wants to start whole milk, but isn't sure of the best way to go around it. I seggested mixing formula and whole milk and gradually increasing/decreasing the mix until it was all whole milk. But we weren't sure if you could mix it with formula or not. Is this how you plan to do things, Leanne?

Yes, it's my way of weaning :) Pretty soon I will be mixing 75% milk and 25% formula. He did take a couple of bottles last week with straight milk and I thought we got rid of the formula completely. But then one morning he was fussy and I had to go out and get some formula. Either way, we're almost there!

It's interesting to read about the tripled birth weight thing. I give Byron whole milk (against the advice) instead of formula. I've yet to read any reason for giving formula over milk that applies to us so after chatting with the HV about it I just went for it. Byron eats at least twice the recommended amount of veggies, if not three times as much so easily gets all the nutrition he needs from his food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->