"My friend has a dog with that name!"

sue_88

Reaction score
Why, seriously, do people feel the need to say the above (or similar)?!?!?!

I told a colleague today that my baby was called Millie and the first thing she sprouted was "ha my friends dog is called that"

Really??? For starters - I actually couldn't care less, we're not talking about your friends dog. And secondly - it's the name of my child. Whether you hate it or not just shut it with your opinion.

URGH. Rant over. Not telling anyone else her name, sick of hearing crappy thoughts people have.

I had that when i told my mate our girl was going to be called Poppy and she said Ohhh my moms name is called poppy,I just grunted lucky dog and walked away before i punched her!

I had a family friend ask me what the girls name we had choosen was I said Arianna or Aria for sort, she said that if it is a girl she's gonna get a dog and name her Aria before my baby is born because she really likes that name. Pisses me off so much because I know she will do it.

I had a family friend ask me what the girls name we had choosen was I said Arianna or Aria for sort, she said that if it is a girl she's gonna get a dog and name her Aria before my baby is born because she really likes that name. Pisses me off so much because I know she will do it.

WTF!?!?! How on earth did you not slap her?
I wouldn't even grace her with letting her know the gender. Stupid ***

I'm not telling anyone the name as of now, and I'd keep it that way the entire pregnancy if I could, just because I don't want anyone giving their opinions...It's the name my hsuband and I chose, and no matter what people think, that's what our child will be named. But people are bugging us to know and my husband wants to tell people, so I may tell once we find out the gender this week. I hate when people react like that though...

WTF!?!?! How on earth did you not slap her?
I wouldn't even grace her with letting her know the gender. Stupid ***

She knows I will be announcing it on facebook tomorrow after my 3D scan so I'm gong to make a point of putting her name in the status update, so everyone can see we had the name picked first.
She's the type of person where she will think that its a joke and that I don't care because her name isn't the same as the dogs, but I'll honestly trip at the family BBQ if her dog has that name.

Oh sweetie I have had some really awful responses to our chosen name too, some people are just absolute twats aren't they!? Millie is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl :hugs: x

I've been getting "that's an awful name" or "eurgh I wouldn't name a baby with that" or "that baby is going to get bullied" etc and it's doing my head in.
I love the names I picked and I'm not going to change them. I just wish people would keep their vile opinions to themselves. Ever heard the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

Oh sweetie I have had some really awful responses to our chosen name too, some people are just absolute twats aren't they!? Millie is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl :hugs: x

Thanks hun, didn't know you'd had the same on the name Ronnie. I love it, next in line for the England job with that name! ;-) people just don't know the meanings either of why names are chosen but are happy to sprout their 'holier than thou' bullsh*t regardless.

Thanks hun, didn't know you'd had the same on the name Ronnie. I love it, next in line for the England job with that name! ;-) people just don't know the meanings either of why names are chosen but are happy to sprout their 'holier than thou' bullsh*t regardless.

Yeah I've had lots to be honest, even after I tell them he is being named after my dad and grandad! Some people have a bloody cheek don't they :shrug:

Xxx

My sister actually just did this to me yesterday!!! She knows that my father and I do not talk AT ALL and under no circumstances want him to know anything about my baby girl or have anything to do with her and her have any connection to him. Yesterday I told my sister the middle name we've chosen and she goes, "Oh you know that's Dad's favorite grandmother's middle name, right?" No Sis, I didn't and I really could have spent the rest of my life not knowing that little bit of information either!

That's why DH and I are not telling a soul out names until baby arrives!!

The only way you should be worried is if you were going to name your baby "Patch" or something like that, a typical dog name! :p My dog is named Indie and I looove that as a girls name....but we got dogs first haha and the name Millie is beautiful! It was on our girls list... but we found out we are having a boy.

We are keeping our names secret just so no one says anything. And I like the idea of everyone having a little surprise considering they already know the sex of bub :)

No one will ever be happy with what you pick. Maybe when th baby is a week old people I'll forget, but seriously who cares screw them!!!!!!

Ugh, hate name comments.

This is why you keep it a secret until the baby is born! We told family our ideas and most of them got shot down, so when we made a decision the only people who knew were me and OH.
If I ever have a boy I really like the name Noah.. But we have a rabbit called Noah. I think it would be fine as nobody really knows we have a rabbit, but OH disagrees :haha:
I like the name Millie :thumbup:

My daughter is called Arianna Isla Rose. One of my MIL's friends breeds dogs and when DD1 was a baby she had a litter and got one of them KC registered "Arianna Rose" after my daughter. MIL said "oh you didn't like the Isla part of my granddaughter's name?" and friend said that she had forgotten that she had two middle names and that she wished she had copied the full name! Mind you since this is the KC name probably whoever bought the dog doesn't call it by this anyway.

I was quite flattered, but then I love dogs.

I've had this to some names I've mentioned that we like, now we have a short list we aren't telling people the names because everyone has something to say to put us off like my aunty/sister/Neighbour has a dog/cat/rabbit/hamster called that! I'd never say that to someone's name choice I don't understand people at all. I love the name Millie by the way :) ignore silly people x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->