my friend has just had a prem baby

jane1974

Reaction score
he was born at 32 weeks only weighing 3lb 7, she had to deliver because the baby wasn't getting enough food, he placenta wasn't providing enough!! i'm soo worried, he's got tubes everywhere!!! went to see him he's so tiny!! with tubes everywhere!!

Hi Jane,

Don't worry I am sure he will be fine, and as for looking tiny, if you read Charlotte's or AngelLynn's story both born at 24 weeks and 1 lb 9 oz ,now that is tiny ,Charlotte was literally the size of my hand and had tubes in both arms, both legs and her head as well as being on a ventilator and feeding tube.

A baby is actually classed as full term at 37 weeks so she is pretty well developed and should be fine. Babies born prem can actually go home as early as 35 weeks.

thanks!!!!! Logan looks so small compared to Lee!!! its just so scary when you walk in the neo natel and you see all these tiny babies!!! there was one baby in there he weighed just over a pound!!

aawww hunnni hhave u read anglelynn story and seen how she has come on leaps and bounds

I know how hard it is too see that especially for a first timer. THe first time I went into NICU it scared me and I wasnt sure what to expect. There was so many sick babies. But you will be suprised at how quickly the baby will grow! Does he have any other problems? I could see him going home in a month and it will go quicky. I hope all is well with your friend please keep us updated and encourage your friend to join up on this site and other preemie sites if she has any questions or concerns!!

https://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/797/797829j4s3wlmuc3.gifHope baby is doing well xxxxxx hugs xxxx

Aww try not to worry im sure he will be just fine, it can be very overwhelming in the first wks in scbu but u soon adjust to the new machines ect.. I hope he has a short stayand grows strong quick xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->