My Full Moon Arrival- Leyla (26/07/2010) Long.

Tudor Rose

Mummy
Reaction score
It all started on the Sunday evening (25th) At 1am-ish (Monday 26th) it was the full moon. On the Sunday evening i went for a walk around the garden for about half an hour wearing a belly revealing top i kept facing the moon, it started raining so i decided to go in and flicked the TV on and DH and i watch Lee Evans the comedian, I sat by the window with it open belly facing the moon. I was laughing so hard watching the TV i couldn’t breathe. Anyway went to bed around midnight and slept surprising well. I woke the next morning and spring cleaned the house. My mum was going mad at me on the phone as i was now 5 days overdue and she wanted me to rest.
We had our Tea pretty early and at 5:13pm i got up to wash the dishes and i had my 1st contraction. I remember thinking “oh that feels different” Anyway i put it down to all the house work i had done and carried on cleaning the kitchen and about 20mins later i got another one. So i decided sit down and watch the TV and sure enough 16 mins later i got another so i came on line and used a contraction timer at this point i couldn’t keep off the toilet as i was having a clear our. The contractions wasn’t painful just uncomfortable. Once they was down to 11 mins apart lasting around 50 seconds i decided get a bath By now it was around 8:30pm, i couldn’t feel the contractions when i was in the bath and i was a little disappointed because i thought it was a false alarm. MIL text me whilst i was in the bath and i just told her they had been 11mins apart and i was managing. I got out the bath changed did my hair, i even put a bit of make up on (im so vain lol) but my skin is in bad condition right now (thank you hormones) 15mins passed no contractions then i got one again strong and it felt like it was all the time. I started timing again they were every 3/4mins i began to panic and i doubted i was in labour. I don’t know why. I know had to breathe through them as they got intense. I rang the hospital who told me to go in. So MIL was called to look after our other 2 children. DH turned and said to me “do you have to breathe through them or are you just doing that?”
Mil arrived and we went the hospital, My midwife was lovely. She took me to a room and she said “i don’t think im sending you back home” she eventually checked me even though i said “you.ll have be quick before i get another contraction” as i couldn’t sit or lie down during the contraction. I was 8 cm!!!!!! She couldn’t pop my waters as they was so tight around the babies head. I was given gas an air OMG i forgot how brilliant that stuff is! Before the gas and air DH said “is it really painful?” “YES DEAR” i said through gritted teeth. Anyway within 20mins i got the urge to push but was holding back because i was worried because of the waters not breaking i vaguely remember the MW going on about it suppose to be lucky and about sailers kept the amniotic sac of a baby born in its waters. DH husband came over to me petting me and i pushed him away.
The MW ordered me on the bed saying “Lisa i need you on the bed to exam you and i don’t want this baby falling out” anyway i was 10cm and she popped my waters as they were now bulging there were traces of meconium in the waters. So now was time to push MW asked DH to come forward to see and i ordered him away. I didn’t see him move his chair so he could see. He ended up seeing everything i remember him saying “WOW” anyway it took 2 huge pushes and me screaming the Labour ward down and she arrived 45mins after us arriving at the hospital at 11:15pm on Monday 26th July our beautiful Baby daughter Leyla Ruby Illidge weighing a healthy 8lbs 13oz! I was grazed and got away not needing stitches. Later my kind husband told me i reminded of the exorcist when i was giving birth but i still looked beautiful. Bless him.
Shes settled in a treat only waking once for a feed at night. Now i have my little family complete!

Attachments

• Leyla an i.jpg
    Leyla an i.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Leyla.jpg
    Leyla.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 45
Yay for the full moon!

Congrats, she's adorable!

Congrats! She's beautiful. Bless the full moon!

She is gorgeous!! Well done you, i laughed at the exorcist thing, reminds me of me :lol:

xx

Oh Tudor Rose she's gorgeous :hugs:

XXXX

Huge Congrats to you! Great Birth Story x

What a beautiful little girl. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->