My Girl as arrived- Birth Story not for the faint hearted!

BlueFairy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies...

Finally my little girl is here and I can't tell you all how blessed I feel...I've never been more happy in my life than I feel now I have her.

She was born on 14th Oct at 17:30 weighing 7lb13 with lots of lovely hair and beautiful chubby cheeks :baby:

Birth Story - Not for the nervous mums to be.

So basically my waters went at 20:00 on the 13th, contractions started 5 mins apart so I went to labour and triage to get checked out.
Was dilated 1cm and sent home. 2 hours later after a long bath I was contracting every 3 mins and in a lot of pain so went back to L&T at 2:30 on the 14th to find I was only dilated 2cm.
Stayed in with a shot of pethadine to try and get some rest but the pain didn't subside by 7:00 I was dilated 4cm and moved to labour ward.
Was given an epidural for the pain as the baby was in an odd position causing a lot of pain in my back and pelvis. Unfortunately the epidural DID NOT WORK! I had no idea they could fail but even though it went in well it was found later on that it had slipped back out again causing only my left leg to become numb.
A few hours later and contractions every 2 mins with a failed epidural which we tried to get to work by changing positions I was only dilated 5cm so they put me on a hormone drip to speed things up a little. Because I'd had an epidural the only pain relief I was given was gas and air which I reacted to and had to stop using.
With the hormone drip in the contracts started to get closer together to the point where I wasn't having any break between them...the midwife had made a mistake and turned the drip up too much. Thankfully when it was turned down I was managing a minute break between them which I looked forward to!
By 16:00 I had finally dilated by 10cm and started to push, I was pushing for 45 mins and the babies heart was starting to drop during contractions showing signs of stress. So the consultant came and found she was back to back now and stuck. So she decided to manually try turning the baby internally, by putting her hand around babies head!..let me tell you this was the single most painful thing I have EVER felt. As I had no pain relief at this point.
She couldn't turn her and I was on agony at that point so they rushed me to theatre to try and get her out with the suction but that failed also. SO I was given a spinal block and she was delivered by emergency c-section 22 hours after labour started.
She was born with breathing difficulties and was very cold so the right decision was made in the end and it saved my babies life.
It was a really traumatic experience but I managed not to scream, swear or threaten to cut hubbies balls off lol.
We stayed in hospital for 4 nights to recover and make sure she was ok.

We are both doing well now and I'd do it all again for her, she's gorgeous.

Oh hun, what a birth story. I'm so happy it all ended well.
My epidural didn't work either with DS, it only blocked a teeny tiny section in my back, which did nothing but make me mad about what I was missing out on! lol. Won't even bother this time!

Congratulations. It sounds like your birth was very busy, but with a wonderful happy ending. :)

:hugs: Very glad to hear Baby and you are doing fine after such a traumatic time! Huge congratulations to you, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

wow you really went through it all, not the best experiance but im so glad all is well and your both doing great congratulations on your little girl :hugs: xx

Congratulation, glad things worked out!

congratulations glad your both ok :hugs:

Great news BF, really pleased your story had a happy ending :)

Congratulations on your baby girl and doing a great job,xx

Congratulations and well done!! Glad you're both doing well now. :flower:

OMG - you deserve a medal! OUCH!!!!

Congrats on your baby girl!

Congrats & wishing you a speedy recovery:flower:

So happy for the happy ending! Speedy recovery to you!

Wow what a journey!! So glad you are both now home safe and sound! Congrats!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->