My home birth story

Pickles77

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
Alice Kathryn
Born at home: 8th July, 2010 2:25ish pm
7lbs 13.5oz

Thursday morning I woke up with mild period cramps, nothing new, pretty much had had them for a week. Certainly nothing I could time. DH went to work around 8am with the promise he'd be home for lunch around 1pm. I told him jokingly that I hoped that when he came home from lunch I'd be ready to have a baby! Anyway, around 8:30 I started having some contractions ranging from 10 to 15 mins apart, and lasting 30+seconds. Nothing too bad as my son was on my lap colouring and playing maracas all through them. I just sat here on the computer surfing the net. :) Around 11am the contractions were consistent at 10 mins apart, so I called the midwife and told them. They asked if I wanted someone to come out right away or wait a bit. I decided that I was fine and was coping well, so thought I'd wait till they got a bit closer together before I had someone come out, they were fine with my decision. I figured my son's labour was nearly 19 hours and it got way worse than this before I had anyone come last time, so why not wait a bit. Around 12 I decided to see if my husband could come home a bit early because I was actually in labour and wanted a bit of help with our son. So he did. We had lunch, and I texted my friend and told her that I was in labour with contractions 10 mins apart, been like that all morning, and we'd drop DS off after his nap. So 1:30, DH takes DS up for his nap. I come upstairs too and go to the toilet and decide I didn't really want to go back downstairs and be that far from the toilet. Contractions suddenly sped up to 5 mins apart and I wasn't coping as well, so called the midwife again. I got her voice mail, so I called the office and they said they would have someone call me ASAP. This was about 1:45pm. My midwife called me about 10 mins later, still having contractions about 5 mins apart while I was on the phone with her. She said she was on her way, just needed to pack up her stuff. She was only 5 mins away anyway. I told DH to abandon DS's nap and text my friend to come get him, because I was moaning through contractions and he wasn't going to sleep anyway, just in his room calling "Mommy!" everytime he heard me moaning. So DH was taking him down the stairs and I decided I needed the toilet again. So I got over there, sat down, something popped and shot out of me (I'm guessing it was my waters?) And then her head was just there! I screamed for my husband and quickly got down on my hands and knees, holding her head. He got up to me, and the rest of her just popped out. So he caught her and handed her to me, and went and got our son off the stairs and let the midwife in who had just arrived at the door. The midwife came and delivered the placenta while DH took DS out to my friend who had also just arrived. Quite the exciting day really! Not exactly the home birth I was picturing in my head! But I'm glad it was a home birth because otherwise she would have been born in the car! It all worked out in the end.
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/cartydog/IMG_4535.jpg https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/cartydog/IMG_4534.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/cartydog/IMG_4543.jpg https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/cartydog/IMG_4554.jpg

Congratulations!
What a lovely story & she is beautifull!
x

scary for you I'm guessing? but congratulations!! xx

Wow - that sounds fab, like you said not EXACTLY how you envisioned it lol -but really who could ask for anything better haha.

I hope mine goes as well xxx

Your little daughter is gorgeous hun, in fact your whole family looks wonderful. Well done mummy !!! xxx

Congratulations :cloud9: maybe not what you thought but an amazing story and a healthy baby :D

Aww congratulations, must have been amazing but scary your OH delievering your baby without a MW being there congrats both of you and she is just beautiful x

What a great story! Congratulations on your little girl!!

Congratulations!
It may not have been as planned, but the best things never are.

congrats! Sounds scary but this is what I am bracing myself and dh for with this one as my labours have halved in time every time xx

Congratulations!
Did you tear or anything? She really took you by surprise, she is so beautiful.
Wow!

Quite the exciting birth! I'm glad everyone was well in the end... and your baby is beautiful!

Congratulations!
Did you tear or anything? She really took you by surprise, she is so beautiful.
Wow!

I only had a small 1st Degree tear. Didn't need any stitches. So yay! And she is such a good baby too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->