My homebirth

rach247

Reaction score
Hi all well here it is my homebirth experience this was my 2nd homebirth. On wednesday 22nd sept I had a show at about 8 am had some niggly contractions but nothing major. Midwife came out and examined me at 11 and said I was 2 cm but cervix was still thick although soft, she said she would come back late afternoon to see what was happening. Didnt really have any more contractions or anything then midwife rang me at 5 and said it sounded like everything had stopped so she told me that it was midwives from the next town that were all call for me in case i went into labour but she doubted i would. I was a bit pleased it had all stopped to be fair because I hadn't met the midwives who were on call for me that night before. After a really quiet evening no BH's or anything went to bed at 11. Woke at 2 am contracting every 5 mins quite painful so I timed them for a while by 3 realised this was it woke DH and rang midwife unit. They sent midwives who got to me at 4 and to my relief it was my midwife she had swapped shift. She examined me told me I was 9 cm and to push when I felt ready. Started pushing at 5 but wasn't getting anywhere. Midwife broke my waters at 5.45 I knew straight away something wasn't right as they only trickled so we guessed baby wasn't in the right position for me to birth on my back. So at 6 I moved to a kneeling position and had her at 6.13 midwife didn't expect her to come so quick so was rushing to get her gloves on lol. So my recorded labour was 2 hrs 13 mins .
Welcome to the world Sydnee born on the 23rd September at 6.13 am weighing 7lb 3oz :happydance:

Congratulations, that almost sounded easy - but im sure it wasn't xx :flower:

You made it sound so easy, although I'm sure it wasn't! Congrats on little Sydnee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->