My husband and I have completely opposite tastes

iakyri

Reaction score
...and I'm starting to pull my hair out. I like "out there" names -- nothing top 100 in our area. He likes top-10 names. I love Aria, Juniper, Willow, Azalea. He likes Katherine, Claire, Samantha.

We like Molly for a girl's name. Somehow we managed to agree on this.

For a boy, we can't agree on anything. He wants a junior -- I won't agree to that for a number of reasons. He likes William, Michael, Alexander, Isaac, Nathaniel for boys. I like Declan and Evan. I could possibly agree to Isaac but it's not my favorite.

Help? I'd love suggestions for boys names that you guys think might work for us -- and other girl names could work too!

some classic but not common names that can feel modern:

Abel
Abner
Abram
Alastair
Albion
Aldous
Alfred
Archibald
August(us)
Barnabas
Barnaby
Bartholemew
Basil
Benedict
Bernard
Bertrand
Bevan/Bevis
Bram
Bruno
Byron
Calum
Calvin
Caspar
Cecil
Cedric
Clark
Claude
Claudius
Clement
Clive
Clyde
Conrad
Cornelius
Crispin
Curtis
Cuthbert
Cyril
Cyrus
Darby
Darcy
Desmond
Dexter
Dirk
Dorian
Dunstan
Eben
Ebenezer
Edgar
Edmund
Eliam
Elias
Elmer
Emlyn
Emmett
Eustace
Everett
Ezekiel
Ezra
Fabian
Felix
Finnegan
Flavian
Gareth
Gaspar
Geordie
Gerard
Gershom
Gervaise
Gideon
Gilbert
Giles
Godfrey
Grover
Hadrian
Hamish
Harvey
Hector
Herman
Hiram
Hubert
Hugh
Hugo
Humphrey
Ira
Isidor
Jarvis
Jasper
Jonas
Jude
Jules
Julius
Justus
Kenrick
Kerwin
Kent
Leander
Leo
Leon
Leopold
Lewis
Lucian/us
Lysander
Magnus
Melvin
Milo
Milton
Mordecai
Morris
Morton
Nestor
Neville
Nicodemus
Nigel
Noel
Octavian
Orson
Orville
Otis
Otto
Percival
Percy
Peregrine
Phineas
Rafael
Reginald
Rhys
Robin
Roderick
Roger
Roland
Rowan
Rudyard
Rufus
Rupert
Sheldon
Silas
Solomon
Stefan
Sylvester
Titus
Tobias
Tristram
Ulysses
Ulrich
Uriel
Virgil
Wesley
Wilbur
Wilfred
Willard
Zacharias

Totally in the same boat. My boyfriend wants a boy with his name. He likes Jason, Jacob, his own name (Jeremy). He loves names that start with "J" because he and his two siblings' names start with J. I agreed to Jeremy as a middle name, but I really don't like the name.

Holy crap, Aria, Willow, Azalea (&Willa) were on my dry erase board. Aria being my favorite but my husband just wouldnt only because I am a die hard PLL fan! :-( But we picked none of these. Very pretty names though. My old friends sisters name is Molly.

Such a hard scenario when you have opposite tastes. Boy names I can think of that are a bit different but not too out there are Nolan & Chase. A lot of men like the name Nolan because of Nolan Ryan. :) Chase is a strong name. My SIL called her baby boy Chase Alexander. Good luck!

Thanks guys! I like Nolan but hubby doesn't. I don't like Chase. I went over the rest with him and I think we managed to come up with two names (girl & boy) that we both like, which is a miracle!

Zoe-Marie Ileana for a girl and Evan Alexander for a boy. We'll see if they stick that way by the time we're ready to actually name a baby. LOL

HHenderson - I love PLL too! It's one of my favorite shows. I love Aria and Ezra as a sibset, but the show sort of ruined that option. haha

FOB and I had a similar dilemma. For a boy, he wanted us to use his name. He's a jr and wanted our son to be a '3rd' which I really didn't agree with. Im just not a fan of boys being named after their fathers and wanted our child to have a name of their own. He wouldn't budge on any other boy's name but his own.

For girls, he liked very traditional names like Elizabeth, Eleanor, Sarah, etc. Theres nothing wrong with those names, but they're a little too bland and common for my taste. I wanted our daughter's name to be somewhat unique - not overly out there, but not super common either.

I think Zoe is a very good fair trade off for you; its definitely a recognizable name that has been around for a long time, but its not common at all. Same with Evan, I've always loved that name for a boy but its my cousin's name so probably off limits for me. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->