My husbands diet is disgusting and I worry for his health.... And ideas?

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
Hi guys
I am getting more and more worried about my husband.
He is 29 and he eats no fruit or veg, no fish.
All he eats is the odd homemade curry made by him which has no veg in, and Iceland pre packaged food.

He has arthritis and high bp.
He has got a viral infection that both me and my son who is 2 got over within 2 days, he has had this for 8 days now and showing no signs of getting better.

When he takes his day and night nurse he has had chocolate or muffins and that's all he's eaten over 8 days.

I have tried disguising veg in bolognaise etc by cooking from scratch but he says it's vile, tried getting in loads of fruit which he states he likes but it ends up in the bin as I won't eat it as I want him to eat it.He won't eat any sort of fish as when he was a kid he got food poisening from a fish and chip shop???? I personally think its an excuse to be honest.

Our 2 year old eats so much better than him and I have to cook two separate dinners, one for me and our Son and one for him.

I am really worried about him and he just says well I'm still alive aren't I?
His father eats bad too and has diabetes, high bp and heart disease and he's only 62!!!!

Can anyone help me I am at my Whits end and worried like hell I will loose him at a young age. I even bought him supplements but he forgets and there's an unopened pack of cold liver oil capsules I brought last October that he promised to take for his arthritis.

Looking forward to replies.

Hi guys
I am getting more and more worried about my husband.
He is 29 and he eats no fruit or veg, no fish.
All he eats is the odd homemade curry made by him which has no veg in, and Iceland pre packaged food.

He has arthritis and high bp.
He has got a viral infection that both me and my son who is 2 got over within 2 days, he has had this for 8 days now and showing no signs of getting better.

When he takes his day and night nurse he has had chocolate or muffins and that's all he's eaten over 8 days.

I have tried disguising veg in bolognaise etc by cooking from scratch but he says it's vile, tried getting in loads of fruit which he states he likes but it ends up in the bin as I won't eat it as I want him to eat it.He won't eat any sort of fish as when he was a kid he got food poisening from a fish and chip shop???? I personally think its an excuse to be honest.

Our 2 year old eats so much better than him and I have to cook two separate dinners, one for me and our Son and one for him.

I am really worried about him and he just says well I'm still alive aren't I?
His father eats bad too and has diabetes, high bp and heart disease and he's only 62!!!!

Can anyone help me I am at my Whits end and worried like hell I will loose him at a young age. I even bought him supplements but he forgets and there's an unopened pack of cold liver oil capsules I brought last October that he promised to take for his arthritis.

Looking forward to replies.

Does he not eat them because of the taste or because he thinks the right thing for a diet? Try to get him vitamins and such to take? I'm such a picky eater that's what i have to do.. but i love fruits and vegetables.. my problem is when it comes to some meats.. and i don't eat seafood, period.

He doesn't like the taste.
And say for instance he was really enjoying a carrot soup I made hitch had onions in. He asked what was in it, I said carrot potatoes stock corriander and onions.
He stopped eating it then.

I made some meatballs in a chunky sauce and he leaves the onions and peppers etc to the side and doesn't even try them.

He wot have vits, tried them and the boxes stay sealed.

At my whits end. X

ouch. I'm not sure what else to tell you then. My OH is always getting sick from acid reflux (like throwing up EVERYDAY from it) I make him take vitamins because the food never gets down to his liver to take out the nutrients because of him throwing it up. He say he feels so much better now that he does that.

I can't believe he eats like that! He liked it but once he found out what was in it he didn't want it.. almost like a child. hmh. Maybe you should look up healthy child friendly recipes and go from there?

Just tell him to take wellman capsules everyday, they will make up for the fruit and veg etc that he doesnt eat.

I have the same with my OH...He hates it when i try tell him to eat heathily..it's not good them eating fatty foods all the time but he just doesn't get it :/ Men eh? never listen to us. Good luck ^^

I would refuse to cook for him then. It's good that your son eats well but as he gets older and sees his Dad eating crap all the time, it might make him fussy. Try blending any sauce with veg in and then just plain lie and don't tell him its got onions etc in it. That's what you would do with a child and if he wants to eat like a 4 year old then you should treat like one.

I couldn't cope with that, you deserve a medal!! And well done of making sure your son eats such a good diet, despite Dad's silly habits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->