My iud fell out!

Aveta

Reaction score
I have (had!) a copper coil, and the last few days I had some spotting, even though I'm only on day 22 of a 30ish day cycle....

I got up and went to the loo, and this next part gets graphic.......

-did a number 2 - I felt a stabbing pain in my uterus/cervix. I washed my hands and checked my IUD strings, and about half a centimetre of my IUD was sticking out, with this little bulb bit at the end. I thought about pushing it back in but I know that it probably would only go back into my cervix, not into my uterus, and who knows what kind of germs I could push back up there! So I gave it a gentle pull to see if it moved and it slid a bit, so I just pulled it a little more and it came out. I looked at it in my hand, totally shocked! I had to stay seated for a couple of minutes while I took it all in. I'm still shaking now! :wacko:

Has this happened to anyone else????? I guess that's what the spotting was about!

omg. I've never had an IUD. But I'm totally horrified for you. I hope you're not in any further pain. :confused::hug:

No, I feel like it just came out, a bit tender, but it's not as sore as when it was half way out. I've checked it out online and apparently there is not much explanation for it but it happens more in women without children!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->