My IUI Experience

Hassie

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my 1st IUI experience for anyone is worried about the process

CD 1 Full flow call the hospital to tell them I was CD1

CD 2 – 6 50mg Clomid

CD 9 Vaginal ultrasound – 1 Follicle 11 mm

CD 11 Vaginal ultrasound – 1 Follicle 15 mm

CD 13 Vaginal ultrasound – 1 Follicle 20 mm – ovulation trigger given

CD 15 IUI – This involved my partners providing sperm, the sperm was then washed (tis took 45 minutes and then inserted into my uterus throw a catheter. This is not as painful as the HSG test !!! I had mild cramping after.

CD 16 – Sex

CD 17 – Sex

To come :

CD 21 – Progesterone blood test (To see if I ovulated)

TWW before pregnancy test

Lots and lots of luck to you! Really hope it works xx

Thank you for sharing.

Good Luck! Hope you get your BFP :dust:

Im out :(

I feel sad, deflated and tearfull. I tried not to get my hopes up and tried to treat the iui as just another process but I feel so heart broken.

On top of that I work at a school where EVERYONE is pregnant, the receptionist complains about her morning sickness all the time and its doing my head in I WISH I HAD MORNING SICKNESS.

Then to add insult to injury one of the guys asked me why I havent got children and told me that my life wouldn't be complete without them and I should really starts trying because I am getting old. I HATE EVERYONE AHHHHHH

Two days ago i called my DH's cousin to congratulate on the arrival of her baby girl and all i got to hear was that we should also try for a baby before it gets too late. I hate it when people assume that we are not trying. It hurts i can't believe i get to hear it everytime we call an extended family member. People are so insensitive.

You dont worry , your time will come too x

sorry to hear that :( i know how you feel. I havent been trying for long at all - 5 and a half months. but my best friend is pregnant with her second. and she started trying (and fell pregnant immediately) 2 weeks before i did. and she's complaining all the time about being 6 months pregnant. she's utterly difficult to deal with and grumpy about everything, including her son who is 3 months younger than my DD. and all i think when i see her is 'goddammit shut up! if you dont want the damn baby, I do! i would kill for the back pain and the mood swings and exhaustion and cravings.'

good luck for next month. it is only the first month trying! there's always the chance of it working next time.

This is great as my partner and I are going for our first consultation on Monday and I'm wondering what to expect

Two days ago i called my DH's cousin to congratulate on the arrival of her baby girl and all i got to hear was that we should also try for a baby before it gets too late. I hate it when people assume that we are not trying. It hurts i can't believe i get to hear it everytime we call an extended family member. People are so insensitive.

You dont worry , your time will come too x

Sorry to hear this, people are so insensitive and make these big assumptions. Its hard enough to deal with the preganant people, babies everywhere and TTC with out the stupid comments.

Wishing you loads of luck x

sorry to hear that :( i know how you feel. I havent been trying for long at all - 5 and a half months. but my best friend is pregnant with her second. and she started trying (and fell pregnant immediately) 2 weeks before i did. and she's complaining all the time about being 6 months pregnant. she's utterly difficult to deal with and grumpy about everything, including her son who is 3 months younger than my DD. and all i think when i see her is 'goddammit shut up! if you dont want the damn baby, I do! i would kill for the back pain and the mood swings and exhaustion and cravings.'

good luck for next month. it is only the first month trying! there's always the chance of it working next time.

Hi Destiny

Thanks for understanding it great to feel like you are not alone. It is defo hard to hear the moaning when you would do anything to have morning sickness, the mood swings and back ache.

Sending the good luck right back to you.

x

This is great as my partner and I are going for our first consultation on Monday and I'm wondering what to expect

Hi Amt 1979

Sorry for the rant.

:thumbup: Glad you found it useful, I was really stress because I didnt understand the process so thought it would be good to share.

Good luck with you consultation, do let me know how you get on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->