My Josephine Ann has arrived. Positive induction story.

Kiin

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I know I haven't posted very often but reading all the birth stories was one of my favorite things to do so I thought that I would post mine. :happydance:

I had to be induced due to gestational diabetes and it was the last thing that I wanted. It started on Monday the 14th with a gel application. I went to the hospital and was checked and was 1 cm dilated and cervix was softening. I had the gel and after being monitored for 1 hour was sent home. I had mild contractions for the day and some stronger ones over night but nothing regular so I was back to the hospital the next morning.

Doctor wanted to break my waters as I was 2 cm but i decided to try gel again. The second application produced less results so when I went back to the hospital we decided to break the waters. My doctor agreed to let me try walking the halls before starting the pitocin, but that didn't produce results either.

I started the drip at noon, and after 3.5 hours of the amount slowly being raised my body finally started to react. The contractions were hard and intense by 4:30 and they were right on top of each other. I had been dead set against an epidural but since I was stuck in the bed due to the drip I could not walk, shower or bath and therefore could not relax and let my body do it's thing.

They ordered the epidural and it was done by 4:50. I was terrified of this because I had spinal meningitis as a child and have had spinal taps due to it so anyone touching my spine makes me anxious and panic. The anesthesiologist was amazing and quick and withing 10 min I was settling in to watch a movie. I didn't feel any pain, just ichty legs :winkwink:

Things were quick from then. My doctor stopped by 2 hours later to check on me and I had gone from 3 cm to 8 cm!!! She was surprised as this was my first baby. I started feeling a little pressure in my lower right side that went with the contractions. I was not painful but more a pressure. 1.5 hours later the nurse did a quick check and I was fully dilated and ready to push. My doctor came in and using the pressure I was feeling as a guide to my contractions, I pushed for about 40 min and Josephine came into the world at 8:45 PM November 16 th. I didn't need any stitches as I did not tear at all. I was able to stop myself from pushing when my doctor asked me too so she was able to ease Josi out because of the epidural.

Weighing in at 9 lbs 2 oz, 21.5 inches long she is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. Words can not express :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 49
Congratulations, she is absolutly amazing!!!

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing and posting a picture. She is beautiful :)

great story, gorgeous baby and I cant help but notice the great stitching on her blanket!~

Wow that is the most positive birth story I have ever heard!!
Well done :hugs:
your wee girl is adorable ooxxooxoxoxo

Awwww not only did we have our babies on the same day but they also have the same name How amazing is that my lil Josephine Marie was a tiny little baby :) Congrats what a blessing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->