My labour story

Piper84

Reaction score
It's a couple of months back now but I always meant to write one of these as I enjoyed reading them so much when I was browsing the Third Tri forums!

At 41 weeks I was huge and the baby was already measuring quite large. I was getting up to pee 5 times a night and quite uncomfortable with ZERO signs of labour. Never had a single Braxton Hicks or twinge and the baby never dropped.

I was told to report to the labour ward if nothing happened over the weekend and was induced with Cytotek pills, one every 12 hours. After the third and final one, I was lying down and felt the need to pee, but while limping to the toilet my waters started breaking and were pretty green. I was taken to have the baby's heart rate checked to see if he was in distress and luckily he wasn't, so DH and the midwives basically accompanied me through 8 hours of excrutiating back contractions. I was also given an enema cos I'd said I wanted a water birth!

I'd always heard that you shouldn't push until told so didn't and the midwives were looking a bit confused and started asking me if I felt the need to push yet, I replied yes I had felt the need, for the past hour or so, but that I'd been waiting to be told to push! It got so much that I forgot my breathing techniques and started breathing in and out through my mouth, my face was tingling and I was basically hyperventilating, which meant the baby wasn't getting enough oxygen. Then I was told that the heart rate wasn't great so the senior midwife preferred it if I gave birth on the bed, and I really didn't care by this point so just went with it. DH was great at this point, breathing with me and telling me to give our baby enough oxygen. After about 10 minutes of pushing (DH said he had never seen anyone's face go so purple!) and a medio-lateral episiotomy (more of a relief than anything and about as painful as a flu jab), our DS was there, not screaming but making a surprised sort of noise.

I was so elated and I think one of the first things I said was "look at his little bum!" He was put on my chest after the placenta was gone and while I got stitched up, then he was cleaned up and weighed and came to a whopping 9lb 6oz.

So yeah, that was my overdue induction meconium amniotic fluid medio-lateral episiotomy non-waterbirth labour and Matthew's birth story!

aw congrats, glad everything turned out better than it seemed when i first started reading. sorry about your failed water birth, atleast you have your lo now. congrats again

Aww glad things worked out. Congratulations!

Congratulations, welcome Matthew and thanks for sharing your story with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->