My little boy arrived - not for the faint-hearted!

What an ordeal, well done you! Zac is just gorgeous x

Hi hun congratulations on your babyboy and wow you lost allot of blood how scary.I am from south wales and will be delivering at the heath to :) xx

Hi,
Well done he is absolutely lovely :) I had the exact same problem with my first baby boy, he was posterior (back to back) which is a difficult labour anyway and when I was coming to near fully dilated the midwife said "you've got a lip that's not shifting, I'll shift it for you now" as I was having a contraction she rammed her hand up me and moved it, I almost flew off the bed to smack her :haha: I also had an episiotomy and did eventually manage to push my little man out, but he was 7lb 1oz, 9lb is prob impossible! Glad you had good care, I considered delivering at the Heath this time, but will stick with the Gwent (although I'd rather not) as it's so close to me. Enjoy Zac he's a smasher :)

Hi,
Well done he is absolutely lovely :) I had the exact same problem with my first baby boy, he was posterior (back to back) which is a difficult labour anyway and when I was coming to near fully dilated the midwife said "you've got a lip that's not shifting, I'll shift it for you now" as I was having a contraction she rammed her hand up me and moved it, I almost flew off the bed to smack her :haha: I also had an episiotomy and did eventually manage to push my little man out, but he was 7lb 1oz, 9lb is prob impossible! Glad you had good care, I considered delivering at the Heath this time, but will stick with the Gwent (although I'd rather not) as it's so close to me. Enjoy Zac he's a smasher :)

I think they tried to shift it a couple of times but it just wasn't happening. My Mum has a lip that doesn't always shift too and its effected a few of her labours (there's 7 of us).
The Heath was wonderful. I've heard bad things about them but honestly they were brilliant :thumbup:

Big congratulations - he is beautiful! Sorry you had such a traumatic labour though :hug:

Can I just ask what the postnatal care was like at the Heath? I had my son there, and the labour staff were fab, but I wasn't overly impressed with the postnatal care. Since I was only there for about 12hrs after giving birth though, I didn't really care.
However cos I'm having twins this time, I will obviously be there longer, and keep hearing horror stories about the postnatal care, especially with breastfeeding etc.

xx

Same here, I've heard so many stories where ladies have felt like numbers or cattle!
The day I spent in the surgery recovery ward though was great. OK not great cos I was in pain, stuck to the bed with tubes and wires, but the staff were great. Everyone introduced themselves by name. There were midwives around all the time, taking care of us ladies and the babies. After i did skin-to-skin with Zac - difficult, but the staff were great - another lady came up and sat with him and me in my cubicle, talking to me, calming him down, dressed him (and asked what I wanted him dressed in) and put him to sleep in the cot. Another lady later on (now a receptionist but previously an assistant) came in and asked if she could hug him, spent time with me and so on. I knew their names, they knew mine and treated me like I was important. I had help breastfeeding which I definitely appreciated. It was never suggested to give him a bottle even though I could hardly move. They were wonderful.

When I was moved down to what I assume is the MLU recovery (after it was no longer necessary for me to be in surgery recovery) they were just as good. I asked for help breastfeeding and needed it but soon picked things up. Even though i seemed to be managing they were still brilliant and really supportive.

I have no complaints at all. EVERYONE was fab and I would actually recommend the Heath as a place to birth. Even before anything went wrong they were great :thumbup:

Yes, things like these happen, so glad you two made it through so well! Hoping for your speedy recovery! :flower:

I didn't read your story because I just didn't have time, but I wanted to congratulate you! What a beautiful baby!

Congratulations! you went through so much im glad your home with your oh and your adorable baby!!

congratulations hun , sorry to hear about your birth , Zach is gorgeous! hope you feel better very soon xxx

Congrats hun, hes gorgeous. Im due to give birth at the heath as well, was nice to hear a positive, if a little scary story lol. Glad you and little one are okay though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->