My little boy Rylan David arrived 08/09/10

FLUMPY1984

Reaction score
Hello ladies

Just wanted to share my story with you all. Sorry its so late but been really busy and internet connection hasnt worked for a week.

I had my little boy on 08/09/10 ...i was 38 weeks and 3 days and hes my first(love the date and didnt realise at the time). He was born at 1.30am weighing 6lb 8oz not bad considering im 5ft 8 and oh is 6ft 3 lol.

I started having mild back ache and contractions on Sunday night at 10pm and went to bed and was woke up at 3am Monday morning as they had progressively got worse. Phoning the labour ward at 6am in the morning a woman on the phone after describing my symptoms said oh it dosent sound like your in labour to me so i said well if im not then theres something wrong...anyway called triage at 8am and the lady said sounds like labour to me. Had a midwife appointment at home at 10am luckily and she examined me and i was 1cm and she said that i was fully effaced and she had just poked his head lol...apparently i was in slow labour so it could take a day or two or be that afternoon. So i carried on as normal went shopping and was sat in kfc at 12 in the afternoon lol. Come 5pm the contractions were getting worse so i went to hospital to be told i was 2cm. They said i could either go home or stay and i chose to go home. By 10pm i was agony and knew i had to get to hospital. upon getting there i was examined again and was 4cm. They gave me a shot of diamorphene (didnt even offer me anything else or explain the side affects) and it was rubbish i thought...it relaxed me but didnt seem to take the pain away. so i was pacing the room for 2 hours like a zombie apparently and i banged my leg on the bed and didnt even notice lol. My oh was with me and my mum was supposed to be but i didnt even remember to say call her....oops. I laid on the bed and next minute pop my waters went at around 1am...it was a really wierd sensation, just gushed out of me. I then was examined and i was 9cm :wacko: Then they gave me gas and air....woweeee i was out of my tree it was brilliant lol couldnt even feel the contractions anymore...my oh was laughing at me cause i kept saying its brill this stuff alot. Then the mw went out the room and said dont push whatever you do. She left the room and i said to oh i want to push i want to push...its a strange feeling you just feel your body wanting to bear down but it does feel quite a relief. I started pushing and oh pressed the alarm and they came rushing in. They got me on the bed like sat up and i started pushing. Eventually i felt his head pop out and thats when the stinging started...i thought to be honest it stung alot but was bearable. The next minute i felt the rest of him slip out its a wierd sensation i just kept quiet and concentrated on getting him out....my tip is to listen to your body it really does tell you what to do. He came out at 1.30am and they put him on my chest and i fell in love instantly...all i could feel was his peachy little bum in my hands. He looked around for a while and then cried. My mum made it to hospital 15 minutes before he came....phew lol. I was feeling fine and had only a couple of grazes thankfully. I had to stay while Wednesday afternoon because he wasnt feeding that good because he was drowsy because of the diamorphene...i really wish i had have done research on it as i wasnt aware it would have made him like that or i would have tried something else. Anyway baby is doing great now and as of last saturday had gone up to 7 pound 3oz the little fattie :baby:. I would say all in all my birth experience was a nice one and so was my pregnancy. Hope all you lovely ladies have a great one like i did. Heres a photo of my little man xxx

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 27
Aaah he's lovely. x
I hope my birthing experience is as good as yours.

Congratulations! Hope my birth story is as positive as yours!

Congratulations what a lovely birth! Beautiful baby boy too :blue: so happy for you x

awwww he's just beautiful, congratulations xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->