MY LITTLE GIRL MADE AN APPEARANCE! long birth story included.

L

LOZANDEVIE

I went for my antenatal appointment at 40+1 on the 7th of June and was kept in for high blood pressure and went down to a ward to have baby monitored and my blood pressure took, it wouldn't go down so at night i was transfered to the maternity ward to have regular CTGs,blood tests and all the OBS done hourly. I was kept in on bed rest until my induction which has to be pushed but they could not get it till Wednesday, so on Wednesday afternoon i packed my stuff and headded down to the induction unit where i had some prostin gel inserted. my cervix was 1cm dialted and they thought i may need two doses of gel. Luckily i got walking and started having contractions. They come and checked me over at 4am and i was 2cm dialted and they finally broke my waters ( after two attempts! ) The membranes were behind babys head so i had to sit on my hands! Lovely jubly! I were diagnosed with Polyhydramnios at 36weeks and you could say SWIMMING POOL... The fluid just gushed out, as soon as i stood up and walked one step more gushed out. It continued for 5 hours! and then finally stopped. I was set up on my hormone drip and were contracting through breakfast. I had gas and air 10hours into my labour as the contractions were pretty intense. At the last minute i requested an epidural as the drip was being put higher and higher and the contractions were piercing. I finaly got some sleep with the epidural and i were feeling intense pressure down below 2hours later like bearing down. It didn't hurt but felt like i needed a huge poop! :haha: They never gave me another internal until the last minute...and..

SHE WERE JUST SAT THERE WAITING!!!! For god knows how long!!! The midwife could just see her! So she got her gloves at the ready.:winkwink: I couldnt feel my contractions so i had to feel for my stomache hardening instead.And then i began to push.... after about 20minutes of pushing my wonderful little tinker arrived! ( midwives called her that cause of how much she bobbed about ):haha: She got an Apgar of 9/10 five mins after birth and she had a head full of hair, weighed in at 8 lb 7oz! pretty good for 4days over due..:winkwink: All the midwives comented on how chubby she is and they wanted to take her home! I cannot get over what an experiance it's been... I'd do it all over again... Just not yet! I told them i'll see them in a few years though :haha: I finally come home a few days later after having to go to the HDU(high dependancy unit) with my catheter and my BP as they kept finding protein but my bloods were fine & so was my " chunker "

Lillie-Anne Marie born at 8:16pm on 10/06/10 weighing 8lb 7oz..
Whilst watching Coronation Street..:thumbup:

[pics added soon]

CONGRATULATIONS. Looking forward to seeing a picture of Lillie-Anne.

Congratulations, lovely birth story. Can't wait to see pics.x.

Congratulations, great story xxxx

congratulations!!! as birth stories go thats a good un!!

well done!! :)

Congrats well done on what sounds like a wonderful calm birth x

Congrats -sounds wonderfully calm.

All the best, enjoy your little princess xx

Congrats, and lovely birth story too. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member