my little girl

XsarahGrace

OH, and Boo
Reaction score
Lola's 10 months, at birth she had a hole in her heart, which is slowly improving, at 2months she had difficultie breathing, and now has to constantly have an inhalor every 3 hours during the day and twice at night, and occasionally we end up at the hospital over night so they can help her breathing been about 20 times since she was 2 months, but they won't say it's asthma till she's older

and i just hate seeing her poorly all the time she's the happiest bubbliest baby and doesn't know whats going on, but when she's ill she its horrible to see, she goes pale, she sleeps constantly, she has coughing fits, and is constantly sick till she cries out in pain :(

anybody elses children have breathing like hers and if so how do you cope, todays a bad day so we have her nurse coming round at 3 but hopefully she'll be ok and not need hospital but it's horrible when shes ill i feel so helpless as i can't take her pain away and be sick for her which i'd love to do just so i know shes ok

hi ya my little boy has asthma and has done since he was 6 months old. have they looked into the heart problem with the breathing as i do know some children with heart problems can affect there breathing and chest.

my son is 6 now and is on 3 asthma medications he has got better as hes got older but he spent alot of time in hospital when younger with chest related problems it is very hard and tiring and awlful to see your child suffer.

do u notice any triggers? colds and virus' are a big thing here with my son, also dust mites, does she sleep with a teddy? these harbour alot of dust mites, to kill them u either wash them at 90 or put them in the freezer.

also air the room as often as possible, air freshners, purfume etc can be another major factor in asthma.

hopefully as she gets older her chest will improve

hugs xx

she has her small window always open and sleeps with sophie the giraffe which is a plastic teether she has one teddy she loves but he goes in the wash every other day with her bedding on 90 as my nurse has told me to be thorough when clean it and the higher the clean the more affective the dust goes, we've also not got curtains in her room as they attract dust, so theres a not alot else to do,
the only thing i can really think triggers it is when she gets the sniffles so that could be it, but with teething she constantly has the sniffles

she's currently sleeping again, which is all she tends to do when shes like this but luckily the nurse has checked her and said her pump more regluar today will hope

and hopefully as she gets bigger she'll grow out of it, and as her heart heels more
:hugs:

xsarah: that sounds awful. It's so hard to see our kids in pain eh? My youngest had severe asthma for the first 2 years of his life. He was on 3 medications everyday for it. We noticed a huge difference in symptoms when we switched to a mostly organic diet. As a matter of fact he was off of his meds within 2 months. The only time it becomes an issue is if he gets croup or a bad chest cold it takes him much longer to get over it and we have to use a neb until it's cleared.

I hope she starts feelinmg better soon! Is her heart condition something they think she'll out grow or is it a permanent thing?

Adanma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->