My Little Mason Robert Beatson born 29.06.10

K1mberley

My First Baba
Reaction score
Well woke up at 3am on Sunday 27th June bed sheets soaked, wasnt sure if i had wet the bed or if it was my waters :blush: phoned the labour unit and they said to go in at 9am to get it confirmed. Went in confirmed it was my waters but because i wasnt getting any contractions i was booked in to be induced on 29th June at 8am.

Monday morning started to feel contraction like pains but they werent sore so didnt think anything of it then had my bloody show, was due to go into hospital for monitoring because of rupture of membranes so went into antenatal at 9am. The monitor was picking up on my contractions and midwife said she would hopefully see me that night!!

Got to 11pm on MOnday night and i was getting quite uncomfortable, not in agony tho so went to bed, woke up at 1am and decided to head to the MLU to get checked over. Went and was examined i was 2cm dialated and she said i could stay in if i wanted or go home. I decided i would just go home and go back when i literally couldnt cope with the pain anymore!!

The minute i got through my front door the contractions felt like they were coming thick and fast!!! was in and out the bath, and then pacing the floors like a woman possessed!! told my OH that he better phone my mum and tell her to get her backside to the maternity hospital because i couldnt face it with just my OH, we left around 4am on Tue to go back to the hosp. I could barely talk at this point in between contractions screaming at my poor other half to look at what he was putting me through!!!!! :blush:

Got into hosp was examined and was 5cm!!!:happydance: was so happy thought she was going to tell me i was still 2cm. had to get three Iv's of antibiotics because of premature rupture of membranes and was given gas and air, which worked an absolute treat for me and didnt even feel the pain but was totally off my face blethering the most rubbish about scafolding to my OH and Mum!!! cope like this till 9am when there was a shift change and my two new midwifes walked through the door Julie and student midwife Emma who were both amazing. My pain was getting more intense so they offered me diamorphine and i kindly accepted :haha: by about 10am i told Emma that i was getting the feeling of wanting to push, she said to try and resist it!!! there was no way i could then Julie came in and said if thats what my body was feeling then go with it, but they had to examine me first. Emma tried first and said there was a lip of cervix left and that she thought she could feel babies head. Julie "had a go lol" and said no its the rest of her waters, just as she said it they gushed all over her to which she replied you've soaked me to the knickers!!! :dohh:

Anyway started pushing about 10.30am, it was hardwork but i was coping and my beautiful baby boy was elivered straight onto my chest at 11.15am weighing 6 pound 12 and 50cm long with a head full of black hair, he is absolutely beautiful and i am so in love :cloud9::cloud9:

Cant remember much of the details of the labour as was away with it on the gas and air, but my mum said it was like watching a comedy show with me and my OH and if there was a swear box i would have it filled 8times over and i had three cylinders of gas and air :haha:

Aw fab birth story. Had a wee tear in my eye. So happy for you hun x x

congrats on little mason - love his name. Well done you did a great job! He is a gorgeous little thing in your avatar pic!

congratulations to you both-his pic is absolutely adorable! i also had gas and air with DD and was babbling on and on apparantly-i'm impressed though i reckon you remembered most of it! well done hun and welcome Mason x

Congratulations :baby: and sharing your story:baby:

I love the name Mason:thumbup:

Great story hun, thanks for sharing and congratulations on your beautiful baby boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->