My little Ollie 28/11/2009

babyblog

Reaction score
Thought i'd write my birth story, as i'm missing my pregnancy so much!

Ollie was due on 29/11/09 anjd i had a feeling he would come on time. On 26/11/09 i went shopping with my mum and i swum 30 lengths, my back was aching a little but i put it down to my huge bump. I woke up at 5am on 27/11/09 with a dodgy tum (TMI) and weird feelings in my tummy. I thought they may be contractions starting but not too sure so lay in bed sussing it out.Around 6.30 am i went in to see OH(my this point i was sleeping in my own room) and told him i might be in labour. I got him to time the spasms which were coming every 20 mins. I ran a bath around 7.30am and my OH debated whether to go to work. By 8am i knew it was labour-my contractions were coming every 5 minutes but my OH decided to go to work as we knew it could be hours.

My OH dropped me at my mum's house at 9am, my contractions continued every 4-5 minutes and were already really painful, i was in tears in the car to my mum's house. My OH drove off to work and my mum timed my contractions, every 4 mins lasting 2 mins each. They were coming strong and fast and i KNEW he would be born within the hour (stupid me).My mum rang the labour ward and they said to go in so i rang my OH who came home from work.

I was examined at 11am only to be told i was just 1cm dilated! I was crying at this point but advised to go home and have a bath/paracetamol. Went home and managed to stay there for 2 hours before going back to hosp due to the pain. I was still only 1cm at 2pm!

I stayed there however in my room with my mum and OH and began on the gas and air-i wasn't allowed anything else as i was so little gone. Around 5pm i allowed pethadine, and although i thought it was useless, when it began to wear off i realised it had been doing some good. By 8pm i was finally 4cm dilated and allowed an epdiural-it was heaven and i could finally relax a little.

My mum and OH stayed with me the whole time.By midnight i was still only 4cm and the midwife broke my waters. They were getting concernced that i was progressing so slowly so gave me drugs to bring on contractions., however each time they did this, my babies HB dropped dramatically. I could see they were getting concenred as his HB was dropping dangerously low. They kept saying "we'll give it 10 moremins". I was frusttrated by their attitude and asked for a c section around 2am which i was denied. By 5am they said one more exam and then i'd have to have c section, by this time i was 10cm finally;

I gave a couple of pushes but they were so worried about Ollie at this point that they suddenly rushed me into theatre and tried a ventouse delivery twice without success. So at 6.32am they finally gave me the c section i had been askign for all along and 2 mins later Ollie was finally born!

i am still upset and cross with the hosp that they seemed to risk his life with their hesitancy to perform a c section when i was begging for one.

Ollie's beautiful and cute, i love him to bits :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->