My little Prince Carter Caelan Kanjee born on 29/05/09.

ecossaise74

Reaction score
Today, my baby boy is turning 3 weeks and I thought it was a good moment to reflect on his birth by sharing with all of you those difficult days surrounding his arrival into this world.

Carter Caelan Kanjee was due on the 17th of May. LO didn’t want to come by himself so I was induced the 26t.h. At 7pm, I had my first dose of gel.

The 27th at 7am, I had the second dose. At 5pm I get the third and last dose of gel. The cervix is still close. I spend my day playing Uno with my mum and boyfriend in the antenatal ward until 10pm when they have to go back home.

The 28th, nothing is happening so at 4pm the doctor is called to examine me. She gave me the most painful sweep in the world. But it was necessary as otherwise she wouldn’t have agreed on breaking my waters. But the labour ward was really busy so I was still stuck in the prenatal ward playing cards with my 2 partners!!

At 10pm, they left me just 10minutes before the nurse announce me that in the next half an hour, an hour I would be taken to the delivery room! I called my mum and bf back, they went home, take a shower then came back just as I was going to the delivery room.

At 1.15 on the 29th, they broke my waters. I started contracting right away. I asked for pethidin as the contractions in my back were killing me! I never expected that.... With the injection I was able to fall asleep but it also made me see stuffs that weren’t there lol!! I asked for a second injection, I was contracting and dilating really well :)

Then after, I asked for the epidural which I recommend; it was a Godsend for me! From then on, I didn’t feel the pain and manage to get some real sleep and to play the famous Uno while having 3contractions in 10minutes lol!

At 2pm, I was fully dilated and felt some pushing down there but I didn’t push as it wasn’t a strong urge.

Then at 3pm the docteur came and asked me to push just at the time when my contractions stopped :-( So she started running around in the room, getting people, getting equipement. It was kinda scary. As I was now not contracting well enough to deliver, they put me on drip which worked quite well. I was able to feel every contractions and push as they were coming.....

Unfortunately, that wasn’t enough (even if I was pushing hard), his head was too big so they decided to go with the ventouse. Everytime she put back the cap on his head, the pain was bad. I was focusing on the pushing but everyone in the room was yelling at me (to do better, push harder). Thank God my mum was there, I concentrate on her voice and blocked all the rest. This was the worst moment of my life.

But my baby came out as beautiful as a sunshine and was put on me right away. I will always remember his big blue eyes looking up towards me! But he was quiet and I asked full of tears “why isn’t he crying?” and just after he did! My bf and I were crying saying “ we have our baby, it’s our baby”, we kissed and that was the best moment of my life.

My baby boy was born 6pounds 13oz at 3.49pm :)

I asked if I had tore but the docteur said “actually I had to cut you” :-( I had internal and external stitches but it was all worth it...

I still had the worst evening after the birth as a drama occurred between my family and my bf’s family. Just after the birth, the guy had finished the episiostomy 5minutes before, his MIL, his sister and her husband came into the room... My blood was still everywhere in the room, I was shocked and in pain. I thought my baby was sleeping but he wasn’t so as the Grand-ma reached a hand to touch him, I said kinda snappish “don’t wake him up”. She took it really bad and they left right away then she called my bf, saying that she didn’t wanted me in the family and all those kind of stuffs.... My bf was crying on the phone, apologising for me. Then my mum got involved because she couldn’t stand seeing me crying endlessy because of that just after I delivered and she got mean with my bf who got pissed off and left the delivering room without saying a word......

I thought my life with him was over, that I would have to raise the baby alone and I wanted to die after that day but everybody talked about it later on that day and the next day and now, we are One big happy united family!
And even if I’m delighted to not have to live that anytime soon, I will definitely have some more children (but still with the epidural lol)....... xx

Thanks for writing your story, darling I didnt know about the family drama after - poor you and just after giving birth.... I wasnt able to do anything after the birth so can imagine how horrible that must have been!!!

Big hugs and welcome little gorgoues Carter :wohoo:

xxx :hugs:

sorry for all you went through but congrats on your gorgeous son.

lots of love xxx

Sorry for everything that surrounded your birth hunny, but the end result is absolutely gorgeous xox

Congrats Sweety xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->