My little princess has arrived

torch2010

Reaction score
Hello lovelies. While I have 10 mins thought I would fill you in.

Saturday 20th- Called the hospital at 8am and was told to go in at 9am. When I got there I was monitored and everything was explained. I was given the first lot of 1mg gel at 10:50am I was monitored again for an hour. Pains kicked in at about 1pm but they were really weak. I walked miles and miles around the hospital to get things moving. I was due to have the 2nd lot at 4:40pm. I was monitored before hand. The midwife kept coming in and out checking on the CTG, next thing I know she is back with a doctor and I start to panic. Baby's heart rate is a little erratic so I am told to go for a walk, empty my bladder and we would try again in an hour. It worked and I was given the 2nd lot of gel. OH left that night and I went to bed. Woke up on Sunday to no pains what so ever. GREAT

Sunday 21st- The doctor came to see me in the morning and said I would be having 2mg of gel today but that I should be prepared for spending a few more days in hospital as my cervix was not favourable at all. I was a little gutted as all the pains the day before had seemed to do nothing. As soon as I had the 2nd lot the contractions became quite intense and I had some pain killers at 2pm. I again walked miles to get things moving. I was examined at 6pm and my cervix was soft but still long I had some supper and was in quite a lot of pain by this point but contractions were not regular at all.

At 7pm OH and I decided to watch some tv as he was going to be leaving at about 8. 7:50pm we were laying on the bed and I turned over to have a cuddle and I felt a pop, next a gush, it wasn't like I was expecting at all. It was only a small amount of water but came in small gushes. I was checked over and I was 1cm, thinking we had hours to go we went for a walk, as soon as I was out the front of the hospital I could hardly walk. We went back up and I was put on the monitor, I asked for some pain killers and was given the gas and air. At 8:30 I was again examined and was 6cm but stretching to 8cm. I was rushed to a delivery room and contractions were coming every 3 minutes, they set up a drip to give me antibiotics for the strep b and luckily managed to get one lot into me. The midwife that delivered Cai came to see me and decided to stay, I was so happy to see a face a knew. I don't really remember much after this point. The midwife asked me to turn onto my side as the baby was struggling with contractions. I was in so much pain that I kept turning back on to my back. I gave 3 really pathetic pushes and asked if I could go onto all fours. The midwives helped me and 1 push and baby arrived in the world. I suffered a 1st degree tear but it didn't need to be stitched at all Baby Abigail arrived at 9:46pm weighing 6lb 7oz after 1 hour 45 minutes of labour. I tried for 2 hours to breast feed and she wouldn't latch so I decided to give her a bottle as her blood sugars were dropping. In the morning I tried for 3 hours and again the same problem, she just wouldn't latch. So we have resorted to bottle feeding, I am not beating myself up about it though.

The midwives were so shocked at how quickly I had progressed and told me that if I went on to have any more babies that as soon as my waters go to get into hospital The doctors came to see us the next day and we were discharged.

Abby slept really well last night, she is going 4 hours-ish between feeds and is taking 2-2.5oz a feed. She is so content, she just settles her self to sleep. I seriously cannot stop looking at her. The midwife came earlier and she is a little jaundice but we just have to keep her in sun light. She said it normally peaks at around 48 hours old so she will check her again tomorrow.

Some advice for anyone being induced take plenty of sanitary towels, after being examined I bled quite heavily so used 2 packs before she was born. Bleeding isn't too bad although I had to call the hospital at 4am and 8am today as I had passed some rather large clots, they said anything smaller than your fist is ok. I am having some bad after pains but paracetamol seems to be working.

Girls, she is so worth it. After the emotional, worrying, stressful months I finally have my baby girl.

Attachments

• 100_0962.jpg
    100_0962.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 123
Congratulations she is beautiful and I love her outfit so cute. It makes me sooo excited about getting my little boy here especially so my dear son can meet his baby brother

Congratulations!! :flower: Goodluck mommy!! :hug:

Omg she is a doll!!! Well done hun and congrats xxxx

Congratulations, she is sooo cute! Well done new mummy :)

Great induction story! Congrats she is a beauty! Xx

Hello lovelies. While I have 10 mins thought I would fill you in.

Saturday 20th- Called the hospital at 8am and was told to go in at 9am. When I got there I was monitored and everything was explained. I was given the first lot of 1mg gel at 10:50am I was monitored again for an hour. Pains kicked in at about 1pm but they were really weak. I walked miles and miles around the hospital to get things moving. I was due to have the 2nd lot at 4:40pm. I was monitored before hand. The midwife kept coming in and out checking on the CTG, next thing I know she is back with a doctor and I start to panic. Baby's heart rate is a little erratic so I am told to go for a walk, empty my bladder and we would try again in an hour. It worked and I was given the 2nd lot of gel. OH left that night and I went to bed. Woke up on Sunday to no pains what so ever. GREAT

Sunday 21st- The doctor came to see me in the morning and said I would be having 2mg of gel today but that I should be prepared for spending a few more days in hospital as my cervix was not favourable at all. I was a little gutted as all the pains the day before had seemed to do nothing. As soon as I had the 2nd lot the contractions became quite intense and I had some pain killers at 2pm. I again walked miles to get things moving. I was examined at 6pm and my cervix was soft but still long I had some supper and was in quite a lot of pain by this point but contractions were not regular at all.

At 7pm OH and I decided to watch some tv as he was going to be leaving at about 8. 7:50pm we were laying on the bed and I turned over to have a cuddle and I felt a pop, next a gush, it wasn't like I was expecting at all. It was only a small amount of water but came in small gushes. I was checked over and I was 1cm, thinking we had hours to go we went for a walk, as soon as I was out the front of the hospital I could hardly walk. We went back up and I was put on the monitor, I asked for some pain killers and was given the gas and air. At 8:30 I was again examined and was 6cm but stretching to 8cm. I was rushed to a delivery room and contractions were coming every 3 minutes, they set up a drip to give me antibiotics for the strep b and luckily managed to get one lot into me. The midwife that delivered Cai came to see me and decided to stay, I was so happy to see a face a knew. I don't really remember much after this point. The midwife asked me to turn onto my side as the baby was struggling with contractions. I was in so much pain that I kept turning back on to my back. I gave 3 really pathetic pushes and asked if I could go onto all fours. The midwives helped me and 1 push and baby arrived in the world. I suffered a 1st degree tear but it didn't need to be stitched at all Baby Abigail arrived at 9:46pm weighing 6lb 7oz after 1 hour 45 minutes of labour. I tried for 2 hours to breast feed and she wouldn't latch so I decided to give her a bottle as her blood sugars were dropping. In the morning I tried for 3 hours and again the same problem, she just wouldn't latch. So we have resorted to bottle feeding, I am not beating myself up about it though.

The midwives were so shocked at how quickly I had progressed and told me that if I went on to have any more babies that as soon as my waters go to get into hospital The doctors came to see us the next day and we were discharged.

Abby slept really well last night, she is going 4 hours-ish between feeds and is taking 2-2.5oz a feed. She is so content, she just settles her self to sleep. I seriously cannot stop looking at her. The midwife came earlier and she is a little jaundice but we just have to keep her in sun light. She said it normally peaks at around 48 hours old so she will check her again tomorrow.

Some advice for anyone being induced take plenty of sanitary towels, after being examined I bled quite heavily so used 2 packs before she was born. Bleeding isn't too bad although I had to call the hospital at 4am and 8am today as I had passed some rather large clots, they said anything smaller than your fist is ok. I am having some bad after pains but paracetamol seems to be working.

Girls, she is so worth it. After the emotional, worrying, stressful months I finally have my baby girl.
Hi,
She's lovely, well done. I wanted to ask where in Wales you are? My waters have been leaking so they will leave me providing no infection but then induce me at 36wks. Really worried about being induced :(

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Congrats she's beautiful! Hope I progress as fast as u lol well done xx

Huge congratulations sweetie! She is gorgeous. Well done!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back