My little yellow bump is here (24/06/10)... really long birth story..

Kacie

I have a little girl! xx
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

firstly i would like to say thank you so much for all being here, providing support, guidance and a lot of love over the last 9 months. I don't know what I would have done without BnB and all the girlies in it.

Secondly I would like to announce the arrival of my little yelow bump... now turned Pink :cloud9::cloud9:

Leah Brooke was born on 24th June at 7:19am weighing 7lb 15oz.

*For some reason it wont let me upoad my photos so will try again later.*

I was due to be induced on Tuesday 22nd June at 41 + 2 days. I went into hospital at 1pm and they put me in a bed on the ward and monitored me a bit later. They saw that i was having contractions (as I had been all week) so they refused to give me the Prostin to start things going :dohh:. Instead they gave me another sweep and told me to walk around the hospital.

Contractions got a little stronger but then died down later so they gave me another sweep and sent me on another walk of the hospital:growlmad:. Again they got stronger for a while but had pretty much vanished by the morning.

They finally agreed to give me the lower dose of Prostin at 1pm Wednesday afternoon. Contractions immediately got a little stronger and closer together. The midwives were so busy that they were barely noticing me so my birthing partner and I were timing them and they were every 3 minutes and getting stronger. We kept asking for a midwife to examine me but they were so short staffed thet wouldn't get around to it. I was due to be examined at 6pm... this came and went and I was groaning through my contrations on the ward. At 9pm the midwife came over and asked my birthing partner to leave if nothing was happening so the ward could go to sleep, whilst I was having contractions!! :dohh: i told her something was definitely happening, but it was another 2 hours before anyone examined me!
When they finally did they found i was at 3cm.. labour was in progress :happydance:

They left me to it a little longer and after an hour or so they gave me a shot of pethadine to try and ease some of the pain. This helped for about an hour and basically had the effect of putting me to sleep between contractions but didn't really relieve the pain. At 1am they examined me and found i was 5cm so took me down to delivery and broke my waters:happydance:. my birthing partner called my OH and he came rushing over. Things after that are a bit hazy.. they gave me gas and air but I didn't like it at all as it just dried my mouth right out. I would use it every so often and then get OH to give me a drink straight away.

There was talk of putting me on a syntocin drip to intensify the contractions as I was having a hard time pushing past a little piece of cervix.. I told them i would want an epidural if that were gonna happen but luckily it wasn't needed in the end. I was determined not to have the drip so I changed positions and this seemed to help.

All I remember is sooo many people coming in and out of the room... There were constant knocks at the door with friendly voices saying "can i come in" and my midwife say "yeah sure" :shrug: whilst I'm kneeling on the bed with my bum hanging out!! :dohh:

In the end they were really pleased as they said I was doing it all by myself, they didn't need to tell me when to push or stop or anything. I'm not sure I'll ever forget that feeling of them telling me when they could see a head, eyebrows, nose, mouth, chin.. it was amazing!

Then she was here and they passed her between my legs.. really slippery! I just looked at her and didn't even think to see if she was a boy or girl until the midwife asked me what we'd got!

OH ended up cutting the cord, which I never thought he would do. He wasn't even planning on being there but he was my support and couldn't leave when I was clinging onto him!

My mum came over straight away to the delivery room. The midwife said I could go home straight from delivery as everything went so well, so we chose to do that rather than sit on a hot sticky, understaffed, ward for the rest of the day.

It went so well (although it didn't feel like it at the time), no stitches, just a very small tear. My little girl is perfect. I still can't believe she is here and that I made her.

Sorry this is so long, I can't believe I did it. I am so proud of my little girl and myself and everyone who has ever given birth.. what an experience!

xxx

A sweet little girl! Congratulations - aside from all of the waiting you did in the labor ward, it sounds like you had a nice arrival for your LO. :D

Aww congratulations on your little girl!
Can't wait for the pics!

Many congratulations to you! Hope you enjoy the lovely weather and your beautiful baby girl! xx

Congrats...an amazing birth story! x

Congrats! Am glad your OH was with you at crunch time!
xxx

I can't believe I did it. I am so proud of my little girl and myself and everyone who has ever given birth.. what an experience!

xxx

bless ya... were proud of you too... congrats on your little princess :)

congrats! what a great labour you had, hope mines is a half as good as yours :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->