My LO has done nothing but cry since monday

kes_a

Reaction score
I just dont no whats wrong with him and its so out of character,his usually a really happy baby.Ive been telling my self it must be the 3 month growth spurt and his hungry but he is constantly crying screaming moaning and every thing else in between for 5 days straight. ive put him on hungry baby milk but its made no difference. I just dont no whats wrong with him and feel like im failing because his not happy and i dont no how to make it better.

Im finding it so hard to cope and ive just broke down in tears because im struggling and im so unhappy.i just dont no what to do.

id like to see a hv and sit down for a chat but i dont no if i can call them some how over the weekend.i really need help!

I dont know what to say hun, my lo is a bit like this at the moment too xxIm hoping its just a stage xx:hugs:

My LO is exactly the same, I'm hoping it's just a phase she's going through. She's constantly grizzly and mardy, she's started crying at people, my cuddles do nothing anymore :(

Maybe it's teething? DId you try to give him some calpol before bedtime & see how it goes?

xx

Isobelle was the same and I cant remember what I did exactly, but I got through it. Just get 10 minas to yourself to get your head together.

One thing i can suggest, if u havent tried it already is the colic hold. Google it. Worked wonders for isobelle :)

x

I agree with the colic hold -- and swinging while in the colic hold. And babywearing. That is my savior even if kills my back with a 25 lb baby!

They go through stages like that. It does your head in! It could be teething, it could be a growth spurt... it could be many things. But they can't tell you and you can only guess. It gets terribly frustrating. :(

But it won't last forever, even if it feels like it will right now. Just keep doing the best you can. If it lasts for more than a week or so, talk to your HV just incase it is something more. But chances are it is a normal phase and it will pass within a week.

:hugs:

I agree with the colic hold -- and swinging while in the colic hold. And babywearing. That is my savior even if kills my back with a 25 lb baby!

They go through stages like that. It does your head in! It could be teething, it could be a growth spurt... it could be many things. But they can't tell you and you can only guess. It gets terribly frustrating. :(

But it won't last forever, even if it feels like it will right now. Just keep doing the best you can. If it lasts for more than a week or so, talk to your HV just incase it is something more. But chances are it is a normal phase and it will pass within a week.

:hugs:

oh yh def swing when doing colic hold. Hmmm but isobelle is teethin lol too and we get covered in dribble lol

try hun, its a miracle.

Xx

I feel sorry for you! :hugs: It's so frustrating when they can't tell us what's wrong. Maybe she's teething? Does she seem to have any tummy discomfort? Is she hungrier than usual? It's a guessing game, isn't it? The colic hold does really work quite well, as the other ladies said. I hope she gets to feeling happy soon! x

Oh dear :( Repeating what the others said, maybe its teething? Try some gel or calpol. Hope its just a phase that'll pass soon.

There are three major growth spurts starting now:

11.5 to 12.5 weeks
14.5 to 19.5 weeks
22.5 to 26.5 weeks

...as you can see there's not much gap between one ending and the next starting so it feels like it just goes on and on! Expect a lot of crying, cranky and clingy behaviour as LOs try to master new skills. They often get worst literally days before they emerge smiling with new tricks up their sleeve.

This is from my fave book (and App) "The Wonder Weeks". I quote it so much on here people must think I'm on commission!

I dont know what to say hun, my lo is a bit like this at the moment too xxIm hoping its just a stage xx:hugs:

There are also growth spurts/developmental "leaps" at:

33.5 to 37.5 weeks
41.5 to 46.5 weeks

...if that helps.

Isaac was the same at that age. For him it was because at that at that age they become so aware of their surroundings and get very easily overtired and overstimulated.

For us we didn't let Isaac stay awake longer than two hours during the day. Even if it meant going into a dark, quiet room and having some quiet cuddle time until he was tired enough to fall asleep.

:hugs: I know it's awful. I had days were he'd scream and I'd cry not knowing what to do. It will get easier :flower:

Do you think he might be too warm? The weather has been gorgeous round here this last week and my LO gets too warm and needs water from being thirsty?

I am going through this too, my LO is 16wks tomorrow... Just yesterday he screamed when put down anywhere!!! It was so hard and exhausting, tried to put him on his rug and he screamed, in his jumperoo, in his bouncer anywhere. As soon as he knew I was putting him down he screwed up his face and started. By 7pm I was at my wits end and hitting the G&T!

thanks for all the replys.i tryed calpol in case it was teething but it didnt help.his been in vests or nothing at all for the last week so his not been hot.im pretty sure its a growth spurt.i thought he had one a couple of weeks ago so this one took me but surprise.one night he had 13oz of hungry baby milk for bed then had 3 more 6 oz bottles in the night after that.i was even naughty and gave him pureed rusk once a day for a couple of days because he was that hungry and all the hungry baby milk he was taking in wasnt satisfing him.i think its coming to a end now...hopefully.not looking forward to the next one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"