My LO may need an operation.

ticklemonster

Reaction score
Hi there,

i would like a little bit of advise, my LO has just turned 1 yrs old, went to the dr's the other day as we've noticed that his forskin seems a little tight ( the hole is very very small) Anyway the dr has ref us to a urologist to get it check out and in his words " Daniel may need a short back and sides " ie circumcision.

Has anyone else's little one suffered the same? Any advise/opinions would be greatly received.

many thanks in advance

Cheryl xxx

Hello
My little man was born with mild hypospadias which was picked up at his 6 week check -and it sounds possibly like your son has the same. He had his op in December and honestly it was fine. The hospital staff were brilliant - it is such a routine procedure for them. Try not to worry until you see the urologist as your little boy may not need an op. I can remember being really worried when I was first told but all the urology team were brilliant - we were in and out of hospital the same day - and it only took a couple of days for our little boy to get back to normal. They really do bounce back so quickly when they are young so please don't worry. Lots of hugs to you xxxx

Hello
My little man was born with mild hypospadias which was picked up at his 6 week check -and it sounds possibly like your son has the same. He had his op in December and honestly it was fine. The hospital staff were brilliant - it is such a routine procedure for them. Try not to worry until you see the urologist as your little boy may not need an op. I can remember being really worried when I was first told but all the urology team were brilliant - we were in and out of hospital the same day - and it only took a couple of days for our little boy to get back to normal. They really do bounce back so quickly when they are young so please don't worry. Lots of hugs to you xxxx

Thank you so much for replying, I'm so worried for him, i don't know what to think. I am hoping they say it will correct itself but it's not looking positive after speaking with our dr xx

:hugs: I don't have any advice as I've not been in the situation, but wanted to say not to worry. I am sure he will be fine and as said already, they bounce back fast (if he has to have the op). you never know though maybe he won't even need it.:hugs:

I can't give you much advice about your son's situation, but I wish you all the best. My LO had to have a surgery done when he was 12 weeks old (he was born with a cleft lip) and I was petrified of having to put him under more than anything, it's sad to see our babies in pain but if it makes them better than that's all you have to remember! I hope everything goes well for you and your LO hun! :hugs:

My son was born with very severe hypospadias (a chromosome test had to be performed to determine gender). He had had an unrelated hernia surgery at 3mos and hypospadias surgeries at 14, 20 & 22mos. They all went fabulously. And he really did "bounce right back". I hope your guy doesn't need surgery, but be reassured that the doctors do this routinely and it won't even phase your little guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->