My long story + help with bloods pls!

sukisam

Reaction score
Hi ladies
thought I would join you all if that's okay. Here's my rather long story!!
My first baby Emily was born sleeping at 24 weeks in 1999, I was convinced I was having contractions from 19-20 weeks but dr's told me not to be silly. The night before I had emily I called the GP out and said I thought I was in labour he said I had "mechanical pain", sadly next day i had a huge bleed and my little angel died during the delivery. I got pregnant very quickly afterwards and Millie was born at 35 weeks in Feb 2000, I had contractions from 20 weeksish and this time was put down to me being an "anxious mother" anyway she got stuck during the delivery and I had an emergency c-section and they discovered I had a heartshaped uterus (bicornate uterus).
This fitted because i had been saying with both girls I felt like they were only on my right + getting stuck and I felt this was causing contractions.
Anyway I spilt up with the girls Dad (he was an areshole!), when Millie was 8 months and met Phil (my now lovely hubby) 6 months later. had Josh at 35 weeks in 2002, got married in Oct 2003. Hubby had vasectomy in 2004 and I thought my family was complete.
Then 2 Christmas's ago i was visiting my Mum and she had bought baby clothes for a friend and I couldn't stop crying saying I really wanted another child and I thought over time it would get easier but it hadn't. i thought the gap feeling was because I didn't have Emily my angel with me.
Cue long chat with hubby!! amazingly he wanted more children too so he had a successful vasectomy reversal and we've been ttc for 10 months. I'm 38, 39in November he's 33. The other 3 babies were concieved in a month so ttc for 10 months has been a huge shock! I know I'm older (+ fatter!) and I'm lucky enough to have 2 amazing children but I just ache for another child to hold, I know that sounds really dramatic but that's how I feel. I still have regular cycles about 32 days and I ovulate between CD15-18 my luteal phase is usually 14days- I've had some variance but my Dad died in May and I think that knocked this off for a while.
I'm 10dpo and have lots of pg symptoms I'm trying to not get excited about as I can't cope with the disapointment if its another :bfn:
We're seeing my GP on Monday, hubbys going to have another sperm test and I had CD21 bloods (I had them done on CD23 cos that was 7dpo) which are:
prolactin 393
LH 6.1
FSH 2.0
Progesterone 17nmol (should be 30).

annoyingly this month was only the month I wasn't 100% when I ovulated cos I was at a music festival with hubby + kids and it was kind of hard to poas! I got a positive CD17 but I had the test in my pocket and I think I looked at it too late but, my EWCM increased after that so I'm wondering if I ov'd later.
So should all of the bloods be done on CD21 and is my progesterone too low to get preggers?
So sorry for the eassy would appreciate any relpies/answers/support!
Here's hoping we all get our :bfp:soon
:dust:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, i'm afraid i can't offer any advice but wanted to wish you every success. I'm ttc no 1 so don't have much experience, and as far as i know all functions working normally (haven't had any tests etc) but all i can say so far is how mentally frustrating this all is.

I think i could get a biology degree from all i now know about the workings of the male and female reproductive system and i don't know why i ever took birth control cause it just doesn't seem to happen like they said it did in school!!!

Good luck, hope all goes well for you, xx

I know what you mean it's crazy isn't it half your life your trying not to get pregnant and the other half trying to get preggers!!
Good luck I hope you have a very short journey
xx

Hi Sukisam. So sorry for all you have been through. I can relate to the wanting to hold another child in your arms - I am yearning for that too even though I am already so blessed to have my 8 yr old son.
As for your tests, progesterone should be tested on day 21 of your cycle to ensure an accurate result. If your cycles are longer then you may have to adjust as it should be mid-way between ov and AF. My level was 36 at day 21 but that took 2 goes as first time I had a 23 day cycle and the level of 19 was meaningless.
Don't know about the other tests.
Hope all you symptoms are good signs and you get your much longed for BFP this cycle - will be thinking of you xx

I know I'm older (+ fatter!) and I'm lucky enough to have 2 amazing children but I just ache for another child to hold, I know that sounds really dramatic but that's how I feel.

No advice hun but wanted to say you are no different than anyone else here, kids or not , young or old whatever your story.... i think if we all didn't want it so we wouldnt be here. So best to you

*sorry for crashing*
If you normally ovulate around CD17 or later, then the day 21 progesterone level is completely off. Progesterone peaks 7 days after ovulation. So if you ovulated on CD17, then you should have had the bloods done 3 days later than you did. Not your fault, doctors don't seem to understand that womens cycles vary and day 21 blood will only be completely accurate in a fraction of people. :haha:

So my prediction is that your progesterone would have been well over 30 is they had tested at the right time. So it means that you did ovulate, which is basically the reason they take the progesterone levels. Just to prove that your body is still doing what it's supposed to! :happydance:

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your angel baby. :cry:

Hi Sukisam;

No advice, just wanted to say I am in almost the same boat as you; have 3 healthy kids; had one ectopic; divorced my arsehole ex husband, now married to the man of my dreams and ttc! I am turning 39 in a couple of weeks and he just turned 35...we decided to try for a year and this is month 5 for us...I'm also still having very regular cycles; 29-31 days..we decided to try naturally as if we don't concieve it would be god's way of telling us it wasn't in the cards...but sometimes I wish we would try a little harder and get the tests done etc as time isn't on our side. I'm doing everything I can, temping, opk, etc. Next month I am going to try vitex to see if it will help me O sooner...I'm excited to see how you get along with ttc and I wish you all the best!

Ladies thanks so much for your words it's so lovely to know people are rooting for you.
I'm seeing my Dr tonight so I think I'll suggest she re-dones my bloods again on the right day.
Hollyhopeful I can't belive how similar our stories are! We decided to try 2naturally although Phil had to have a vasectomy reversal first which isn't very natural!! I tried temping but I sleep so badly i was never asleep for 3 hours in a row upon wakening so my temps were all over the place so it wasn't very useful for me! Phil takes zinc for his sperm and I take a prenatal. I'm joining slimming world tommorrow with a mate so hopefully I'll loose some weight and that may help. I've also bought the baby bible by Emma Cannon which is very interesting she beileves people have fertility types so I'm gpoing to follow her advice this month I'll let you all know how I get on. I'm toying with starting acupuncture too.
I'm 14dpo today and did a test and it was :bfn::cry: so I'm a bit guttted, i'm due tommorrow and feel periody-am I bit guttted but I guess it'll be onto cycle 11.
fx we all get :bfp:soon
xxxxxx

accupuncture is a great idea! My old neighbour and her husband tried for 5 years to have a baby and accupuncture did it! Although it wasn't quite as successful for her the second time around....

I'm so sorry for your bfn...the last 3 cycles I've been having bfp's on dpo 13, then bfn on dpo 14 and then af. It's been so frustrating! But I am also gutted...like you this month...my temp finally rose today...6 days after we bd'd!! totally normal for me, but sometimes you just wish for a miracle and some hope :) dh won't be home until the 22nd, but of course I'll be 10 dpo and no where near O...I'm gonna try vitex this month to try and O sooner....

My sister's husband had a vasectomy reversal and she got pg! Are you using preseed?

Hi hollyhopeful
Yes we do use pre-seed but I've only been using it like a normal lube so I think this month I might use the applicators and use it internally before :sex:
Good to hear about your sister gives me hope.
I saw my GP last night and she was really supportive, although my progesterone is low she thinks I did ov but had the test on the wrong day (my progsterone was 17), she's going to repeat the bloods this month.
AF is due today I just want her to come + be done with it then I can move on to the next month (11 month ttc).
Fx we all get :bfp:soon
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back