My misoprostol experience

ebovary78

Reaction score
I have been lurking around the forums for a while, but I have never posted. I wanted to post now because I just went through a miscarriage using misoprostol, and I wanted to share my experiences with others.

This was my first pregnancy and my first miscarriage. The pregnancy was a surprise, but a very happy one. Unfortunately, when I went in for my first ultrasound at what should have been about 9 weeks, I learned that the baby had stopped growing at 6w6d, and there was no heartbeat.

I was very sad, and my sadness was compounded by the terror I felt at the prospect of miscarrying. Prior to my own, I had always envisioned miscarriages happening quickly and painlessly. After I learned about my mmc and had to make a decision about what to do, I began researching all of the options and quickly spiraled into a panic. I had initially opted for the misoprostol, but then became so upset by stories I read on the internet that I almost went for a d&c instead. However, my doc's surgery day was on a day I couldn't miss work, and she really wanted me to stay off of the internet for a few days and think it through some more.

Well, I wanted to post because I just went through the process and, all told, it only took a couple of hours. It was very painful during those couple of hours - I took two alleve and a percocet - but it was tolerable, and once everything was over, I felt completely fine (physically at least).

I know that many other women have not been so lucky, but for those out there who may be researching your options (as I was up until yesterday) and freaking yourselves out with all of the bad things that could happen, I wanted to post something to let you know that it is not always a horrible experience. My doc said, in fact, that the internet is not a great place to look because people are more likely to post if they have a negative experience than a positive one.

A few things that may have impacted my experience: I started spotting and even losing a few small clots a couple of days before I took the Misoprostol so my body may have been especially "ready" - may explain why it all went so quick for me. Also, again, although I found out at 9 weeks, my baby was only at 6w6d; I'm not sure it's so easy for those who are further along.

Anyway, I am sorry for everyone's losses, and I hope this post helps someone in some small way.

Thanks for sharing. I have found other ladies stories a great support. Sorry or your loss.

So sorry for your loss. Thanks for posting your experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"