My mum had me at 41

bitethebullet

Reaction score
Hey there, just joined the forum as I'm trying for my first at 30 but wanted to let you know about my mum's experience oc ttc at 40 (bearing in mind that this was considered a lot more unusual 30 years ago!). It did take a while but eventually it happened and without fertility medication. She had a very healthy pregnancy. I've never felt like my mum is old and indeed, she feels having a baby at 41 kept her young!! Anyhoo, just wanted to wish all you ladies luck and I hope it happens for you sooner rather than later. Send me some good vibes too! X

Yes indeed ! ! my mom had me when she was 42 as well. However, I was baby # 11:) I am 41 trying for my 1st one. I don't know anymore, it has been 3 trials so far but it feels like a rollerCoaster already...

Good luck everyone !

Both my grandmas had babies in ther 40's.......My mom tried for me when she was 20 and it took her almost a year.....

nina12- 11 pregnancies by 42...wow.....LOL her were are 40 plus trying for our 1st..

11 pregnancies!! Wow! She must have had her hands full!! Must be nice to have so many siblings though!

My Mom was 38 for me. I want my kids to have another sibling too. Three is hardly a big family. My husband has 3 siblings 2 brothers and a sister. Family get togethers are so fun because of htis and all their kids.

I would love two but one would be great and as my sister has just had a baby I would hope that as cousins they would have a great time anyway!

i had my first at 20 seems so young looking back now, now 36 nearly 37 want baby no 4 with fiancee,im divorced and typical found my soul mate at 34 years old do we keep on trying or give up have been off pill for nearly a year conceived real quick other times and oldest 17 in dec so maybe my baby days are over and should concentrate on other things in life as i do have alot to look forward too and a wonderful family anyone in simular situation

Well, my first little one was born early this month and I'm 44 -- and altho we did some routine blood work for IVF (discovered I had PCOS (took metformin) and underactive thyroid (take eltroxin), they were more to get my system under control (altho very helpful, not really fertility medication, and I got pregnant naturally last June at 43. I also lost weight, quit smoking, ate healthy, gentle exercise and did acupuncture. So, it IS possible after 40!

I did develop pre-eclampsia BUT up to 32 wks, the pregnancy was pretty routine....

best wishes and good luck!

My Mum had me at 38. She had a great pregnancy, but birth was a C section due to the fact she was very narrow around the hips and is also RH Negative. My head wouldn't come out...! It is odd, that I am 35 now, and only just started thinking about children. If all goes to plan I will be 36 when I give birth.

Im 40 (and a half) and have a 17 week old little girl without fertility treatment (did have meds to prevent miscarriage) - Im hoping for another too

It certainly can and does happen frequently.

My MIL had my husband at 39 which was unusual 30 years ago

Good luck to all!

i had my first at 20 seems so young looking back now, now 36 nearly 37 want baby no 4 with fiancee,im divorced and typical found my soul mate at 34 years old do we keep on trying or give up have been off pill for nearly a year conceived real quick other times and oldest 17 in dec so maybe my baby days are over and should concentrate on other things in life as i do have alot to look forward too and a wonderful family anyone in simular situation
I would go see your doctor to have fertility tests run, it could be an easily correctable problem. Particularly since this is with a new partner (does he have children already?) a semen analysis would be the first step.

Reading all your comments & experiences have made me feel more positive about TTC at age 38. I was starting to think I had left it too late but obviously not. We are starting to TTC this month & fingers crossed it will happen this year for us.

This is encouraging to me to hear of all these pregnancies after 35. I am 38 & just starting to TTC so lets hope it doesnt take too long!:winkwink:

My Grandmother had 4 kids after 40 including my mom and her twin

Then my mom had hers at age 34, 36 and 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back