My mum is dying...

Willow01

Reaction score
Mum has known for a while that she has terminal ovarian cancer but this weekend she took a big turn for the worse and her doctor confirmed today she has two weeks if that left. I am devostated I don't know how to deal with this. It's so hard because I've just been trying to avoid the issue for so long, my way of dealing with it I guess, but now it's been made real I don't think I can handle it. I know it shouldn't be about me but I am totally shaken upx

I'm so sorry. I know it's not the same, but I lost someone who was very close to me almost a year ago--someone who I spoke to more than ten times a day, for almost two hours each night, who was my support, and my encourager. It's very hard to deal with losing someone that you love. I will say a prayer for you and for your mother. I did go to counseling, which helped me a little bit, but I plan to get more counseling this summer.

There's nothing that I can say to make you feel better, but I have found that it does help to express your emotions to the people that you love. I'm still feeling all of the different emotions associated with loss...it's heartbreaking to lose someone so close to you. I'm so sorry. Sending you hugs.

I'm so sorry, what awful news :cry:. My thoughts are with you and your mother :hugs: :hugs:

So sorry you and your mum are going this. Sending big hugs your way:hugs:

Of course it's about YOU too hun... obviously this sucks for your Mom. But her family are the ones left behind to deal with the loss every day. I miss my mom every single day. I think about her every single day. That will never change- the pain does get better. But there will always be life events I wish I could call and tell her about... she's my Mom. And she passed all too soon from Cancer.

It's not fair. It sucks. I can't tell you how to grieve- it's personal to you and you'll deal with it all best you can. Just don't hold it in. Talk to those close to you. Lean on your friends and family... personally, I eventually made the decision to see a counselor. I had so much going on- and it really helped me (in many ways). Losing my Mom was the worst time in my life- but I was also a new Mom and going through the best times as well...

I'm so sorry. There are no great words. Big hugs :hugs:

Im so sorry that you are going through this. Sending BIG hugs to you, your mum and your family. There are no words really but i hope that the next few weeks are peaceful and you have lots of lovely memories of your beautiful mum. xxx

Thank you to you all for your kind words. We now have mum home, it was her wish to be there for the end, so we are keeping her comfortable and sharing lots of memories. This is so hard but I am keeping strong for her. When I first found out time felt like it was standing still but now it's going too quickly I'm running out of time. I will cherish the time we have left togetherxx

Massive hugs hun... no better words.

Thank you. Mum is still with us, fighting until the end. She was taken into a hospice today, doctors say there is not much time now so we are keeping by her bedsidex

So sorry. My dad has terminal cancer and it is really hard to deal with. My thoughts are with you xxxx

I lost mum this morning. She fought cancer long and hard but it finally took her from us today. I am heart broken, numb, not really sure what to do. Thank you for your supportx

I have just read this post and just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you. My only advice is to take time to grieve and surround yourself with those people who support and love you. Look after yourself and I send my deepest sympathy. xx

I'm so so sorry sweetie, thinking of you and your family. Take time to grieve probably its s long road ahead of you x x x

I just saw this thread and didn't want to leave without saying how sorry I am to read this.

You'll be in thoughts and prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"