My mum says

coccyx

Reaction score
shes glad shes not having a baby in this day and age!. She had her babies in the 60s. We had a really good chat about then and now. She thinks we have too much to worry about now and never really enjoy the pregnancy! She didn't go to gp until she had missed 2 periods. She thinks that having a doppler at home would worry her, not reassure her. I like being better informed but I did envy her saying her midwife went about on her push bike and she had the same midwife all through pregnancy and labour. She had 2 home births which she said were great. She also thinks we try to do too much too soon after delivering. She was horrified that I came home 2 days after a csection.
She wasn't being critical and it was great to have a chat woman to woman!:happydance:

I think in many ways if would have been better having a baby back then. There was less knowledge and less paranoia so people felt free to just enjoy their pregnancy which I know I am unable to do.

Don't agree with the doppler thing though. How could that be anything but reasuring?

My mum's the same. I was telling her all the things i wasn't allowed to eat etc and she said in her day there wasn't so many rules and she just eat and did what she wanted. TBH it didn't seem to do me and my brothers any harm.

Anita, think the doppler thing comes from her good friend who is amidwife. She says they can cause a lot of worry. She thinks that people try to hear HB too early and panic when they cannot find it. Understandable but extra stress.

Anita, think the doppler thing comes from her good friend who is amidwife. She says they can cause a lot of worry. She thinks that people try to hear HB too early and panic when they cannot find it. Understandable but extra stress.

i felt this way about a doppler, and also i see how it takes the nurse a while and if i were to try find it all the time id really panic

I agree about the doppler, well I didn't have one of the great ones but I had a prenatal listening system that you strap to your belly with headphones. It was reassuring at times, but I also felt pressured to use it and would use it constantly "just in case". So yes it's fun and lovely to hear your baby moving about/it's heartbeat, but I do understand what your mum means.

I guess you're right about that. I just didn't buy my doppler till quite late & have found it very reasuring before baby was moving so I could feel him reguarly. It used to get used every day but I haven't used it at all for 2 or 3 weeks.

i felt this way about a doppler, and also i see how it takes the nurse a while and if i were to try find it all the time id really panic
I showed my MW the HB :dohh: Was quite funny though!

I do not regret my doppler in fact I'd use it again it was one of my best buys with my history in mind. Only thing I will say is the digital display can be worrying. My MW said they don't like them for teh fact it can panic people but if someone does want one they woudl advise a normal one not a digital display of heart rate that was the main thing that worried me actually. Caitlin started with high HB 170's then it dropped to 140-150's but stayed that way the initial change did worry me but 'sounded' fine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->