• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My new furbaby

C

Ceejay123

My cat passed away about Six weeks ago, I've posted on here a couple of times. I planned on waiting six months at the earliest before getting another cat, as I'm really pining for jolene.

However, this little girls story just broke my heart.

I'm going to a private rescue centre tomorrow to go and meet a little girl called Harvey, she's 10 weeks old. Her mother was a feral cat that has had four kittens, they've been trying to catch them all to have them vet checked and homed... Without luck. (One of them looks very ill). After weeks of trying they managed to trap Harvey 3-4 weeks ago, and have been giving her constant love since. She's now with a foster family. She's very shy and timid as she's not very used to new People, however after a day or so of being with someone she's so loving!

I'm going to see her tomorrow, after a lot of talking with her foster mother. I was going to wait, but I've fallen for her story and I'm dying to see her.

Any tips on a 19 month old with a kitten?

Here's little Harvey.

Glad you decided to get a new one hun :) your old cat cannot be replaced but hopefully can give you happiness again. I know nothing about cats but shes a cutie :) xx

Aww. Glad you got a new kitty Hun
Sure your lo will be fine with the cat. Mine loves dd2 who is 20 months.
Xx

Aww! We got a kitten about 10 weeks ago, Connor gets a bit rough with her, so we just have to be firm, and set her up a private place that she can go but Connor can't xx

Aww such a pretty cat. I'd suggested no sudden movements if she's timid and not approaching her too much, allowing her to come to you as and when she wants and as she grows more confident, so she doesn't feel intimated. Giving her a sheltered hiding space which she can feel safe in life a box under a table etc.

Update with more pics when you can!

Harvey is a cutie little kitty darling *calm goes into adoration cat mode*

Haha. I'm now having an issue! I've been talking to the foster carer about going to see her and a few others today. She was talking about how shy she is due to being a feral kitty.

She said 'would you consider looking at max as well while you're here, he's 8 weeks and looks like the felix cat. I know you're only after one cat, but he's really brought Harvey out of her shell. No pressure but it'd be great if they could stay together, it's absolutely fine if not!'

Arghhh haha x

Have the two! I have two cats and they do so much for each other, they don't feel alone when you are out of the house and love a feline to relate to. Have them both!!!

Haha. I'm now having an issue! I've been talking to the foster carer about going to see her and a few others today. She was talking about how shy she is due to being a feral kitty.

She said 'would you consider looking at max as well while you're here, he's 8 weeks and looks like the felix cat. I know you're only after one cat, but he's really brought Harvey out of her shell. No pressure but it'd be great if they could stay together, it's absolutely fine if not!'

Arghhh haha x

Do it, get 2!! Harvey is adorable, and having 2 would be lovely, my Gran has a mum and her only kitten (think this was her third litter, she was a really young rescue cat and the other kitten was stillborn :cry: ) They love playing with each other and are a lot of fun.

(The foster mum should have told you sooner about Max though if she knew you were interested in Harvey and not just drop it on you now :shrug: )

:flower:

Have them both! They'll keep each other company :)

She is beautiful. I would take the 2. My 2 cats adore each other and are always curled up together. Its nice they have another cat to play with

Aw hun so glad you decided to get another ( maybe 2 cats :)) she is such a cutie. i would end up with them both I know!

xxx

Sorry :). I went, and oh gosh max is lovely. Harvey was terrified, she's so shy because she's only been around people for 2 weeks. They managed to trap her mum, though the rest of the feral litter tragically died :( they tried to reintroduce Harvey to her mum, and she attacked her! So max has been keeping Harvey sane.

When max isn't in the room Harvey panics, when he is.. She's okay. We fell in love with max. My other half hates cats.. And he wants him, he loves him!

So I reserved them both (said I needed a few days to make sure I wanted both). I have a home visit in the morning to make sure my homes suitable, but I'm not worried about that :)

Can't wait to see them again,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"