My new years escapade!

msfoxymax

Olivia's Mummy xx
Reaction score
:wacko:Well where do i start.............................(deep breath)

On the 30th dec i saw my consultant who examined me and said he thought i would start labouring before my due date of 11th jan as my cervix etc was all ready to go. On new years eve about 7pm i started to get uncomfortable back and bum pains so after about 3 hours of on the loo off the loo on the loo off the loo (only place i felt comfy:thumbup:) i called hospital who said try hot bath and paracetamol. Went for a loooooooooooooooooooong bath and knocked back some paracetamol the pain was much worse and i realised i hadn't packed my hospital bag!!Other half stayed quite calm as he packed the bag for me while i informed the hospital i was on my way. Now trying to get across a mega slippy ice rink car park while wearing crocs and having contractions isnt easy and neither is trying to walk up the small slippy entrance to the hospital trying to grip onto frozen car bonnets so i didn't go ar5e over t1t!! Anyway after getting into the hospital at 1.30 on new years day morining and projectile vomiting in the loo i was examined and was 4cm. They monitored me for an hour and i needed med for raised bp (194/140:wacko:) and they put canula etc into my arm and i was taken to the labour room. Midwifes were all fabulous and i decided i needed an epidural. Bloody epi was the worse thing about the whole experience! He couldn't get the needle in the correct space (ouchie ouchie ouchie hip nerve!!!!) so after 3 attempts (including listening to the nice crunching as he pulled and pushed my spine :nope::nope::nope: and me screaming the place down we had pain relief wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo :hugs: oh my god how good did that feel!!I continued to be monitored and a clip was placed on babys head for monitoring her and bloods taken from babys scalp but when they done the tests they decided she was in distress and we needed an emergency c section. Rob went to get changed into theatre gown and i was given epi top up that went a bit hit and miss and i ended up numb from the chin down so could hardly breathe or swallow. Our baby girl was delivered at 9.13am on new years morning weighing 8lbs 11oz and screamed and screamed and screamed!! Oh the joy:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:! She is just perfect. After the labour we got home on Sunday afternoon but I ended up back in hospital yesterday with suspected blood clot on lung but all is ok and we got back home today. Phew what a story but don't let me worry you we took it all one step at a time and it was more than worth it.

Whew, sounds traumatic! Good job hun and congrats on your bundle of joy!

wow dramatic earlybird entrance, glad all's okay now :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->